• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Difficulty landing a job at Waffle House

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
I have moved down to North Carolina to apply for jobs at various local Waffle Houses but have found it difficult to get a position. Most of the managers have said that they feel that I am over qualified for the positions and would not fit in with Waffle House clientele although I have tried to reassure them that I am loyal to the brand and am very enthusiastic about their products. Has anyone here had a similar experience while seeking employment? I have even gone as far as wearing a navy polo and taupe pants to an interview.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I would lick Bert's Chili off of my girlfriend's heaving bosums.

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry,

TMI

K

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Immediately go to walmart and buy the cheapest clothing they have. Don't shave your face for a few days; actually, don't shower for a few days. Dumb down your resume by mispelling words, preferrably using Wafle Hose instead of Waffle House. For added measure, chew on something hard so a few of your teeth are chipped or broken altogether. Lastly, go buy a $100 domestic car and make sure it smokes like hell when you drive up to the interview.

P.S. I love Waffle House.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...and get a bunch of tattoos, and when you talk, mumble a lot and don't make eye contact with anybody. If you do get the job, don't go up to any of your tables until the customers have been there at least five minutes, and immediately ask nobody in particular, "Are you ready to order?" and don't write anything down ever. Bring the drinks after the food has arrived. Don't ever refill anyone's coffee unless they're able to flag you down. Don't bring the check until asked.

Astronaut888

Reaction score
I witnessed the cook behind the counter at a Waffle House in Louisiana remove butter from its container WITH HER HAND! and slop in onto the griddle prior to cooking an order......it was revolting.
However, I DO love their hashbrowns and their waffles....with pecans.

Some seriously disgusting sorts working there as a rule, however....
And the smoking in some of the locations is out of control....

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
The responses so far do not seem very serious. I don't feel that being unprofessional is the way to convince anyone that I am serious about the job. I would be willing to work only for tips or for free even as I am being paid by a German company who will be opening a similar themed restaurant chain in Germany but I don't think that suggesting either would be practical.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
...and get a bunch of tattoos, and when you talk, mumble a lot and don't make eye contact with anybody. If you do get the job, don't go up to any of your tables until the customers have been there at least five minutes, and immediately ask nobody in particular, "Are you ready to order?" and don't write anything down ever. Bring the drinks after the food has arrived. Don't ever refill anyone's coffee unless they're able to flag you down. Don't bring the check until asked.

He should also knock out a few of his own teeth.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
don't mention you went to college.

x26

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Wait a Minute!!
If Waffle House is good enough for my friend Kid Rock to get banned from it should be good enough for all of US!!!
censored.gif

fing02[1].gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Huddle House instead. It's slightly more upscale.

By "slightly", I mean that I never saw the patrons, at 4am, squirting the ketchup directly into their mouth. The waitress at Huddle House still wanted to talk to me about wrestling and eating alligators though.

I can't make this stuff up. . .

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, it is rough all over right now. Everyone is having trouble getting jobs. Some folks are even working their 200k per year fallback jobs.

Have you tried applying at IHOP instead of Waffle House? Maybe Denny's as well. There are always lots of Denny's and they usually seem cleaner than Waffle House, so perhaps they will think you fit in better.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Try Huddle House instead. It's slightly more upscale.

By "slightly", I mean that I never saw the patrons, at 4am, squirting the ketchup directly into their mouth. The waitress at Huddle House still wanted to talk to me about wrestling and eating alligators though.

I can't make this stuff up. . .

Huddle House? Sorry, some of us aren't independently wealthy Mr. Hollywood, I mean Crazyquik.
tongue.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waffle House? Like that galloping Euro synth trash techno stuff?

Mr T

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads