or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Wine Thread - Page 532

post #7966 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
Much consternation about Oz Shiraz', much of it warranted. To much heat, alcohol or fruit bombs.

Not this beauty. Expensive at $50, and worth the dough. Smooth and sophisticated with glorious flavour and everything in balance. Worthy of your $$$.

Much needed after a seriously shitty day. It appeased my wrath.


If it is any consolation you are paying less than I would have to in Australia. Not that I would buy it - d'Arenburg wines are overpriced and overrated in my opinion.
post #7967 of 18037
going to a Champs tasting later. Happy times
post #7968 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
going to a Champs tasting later. Happy times

Fwocker.
post #7969 of 18037
Just cracked my first bottle of 08 Haute Tubee.

K-dub, hope you've kept up contact with Paul and got some. I got a case
post #7970 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
going to a Champs tasting later. Happy times

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post
Fwocker.

it was awesome. Multiple samples of Cristal, Salon, Krug Grand Cuvee, Krug '98, Dom Perignon 2K2, Benoit, Goerg, Roederer NV, Moet Grand Vintage (IMO both very disappointing), Dehours, Delamotte, Henriot, and Ruinart.

Now I am back at work, but much happier than before.
post #7971 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
it was awesome. Multiple samples of Cristal, Salon, Krug Grand Cuvee, Krug '98, Dom Perignon 2K2, Benoit, Goerg, Roederer NV, Moet Grand Vintage (IMO both very disappointing), Dehours, Delamotte, Henriot, and Ruinart.

Now I am back at work, but much happier than before.

Fwocker.

Has there been a wine cellar design thread in this God-forsaken forum yet?
post #7972 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
The BN was my first. Tons of banana or cream of banana on the nose. The taste was light and fruity, fruit juice with alcohol basically and a little touch of bubbles. For eight bucks I would drink another bottle.

now, you've lost every piece of cred...
post #7973 of 18037
what are some small grower producer types champagne? i want to splurge a little after finals
post #7974 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
what are some small grower producer types champagne? i want to splurge a little after finals

ask somebody in the French room at whatever the store is near Wegman's. They have (or had, at least) quite a good selection of grower Champagne.
post #7975 of 18037
will do
post #7976 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
now, you've lost every piece of cred...

Coming from you, this is so wounding.
post #7977 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Just cracked my first bottle of 08 Haute Tubee.

K-dub, hope you've kept up contact with Paul and got some. I got a case
Kept up contact. Have not kept up savings. Therefore, will not be getting a case.

But I am buying a case of a wine from a distributor here in Chicago. Really great stuff. It's a case of the 2005 Chateau de Chorey les Beaune. My first ever "case buy." Got such an incredible price on this.
post #7978 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Just arrived: 2 x O7 Lewelling Cab 2 x 07 Lewelling Cab Wight Paid for them nearly 18 months ago and forgot about all about them until I got an email for the 08 vintage. I did not move fast enough and they sold out before I could log on and claim my allocation These are the two wines I spoke of the RP score that had all Petrus break out.
This is hilarious -- I did the same thing. Bought, forgot, then when my e-mail came through for this year's allocation, I remembered. Thankfully, I ordered immediately (I missed out on a few allocations this year, so moved quickly on this one), and I got mine. Re: the '07s, I will make a trip up to the vineyard to pick up on site.
post #7979 of 18037
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Kept up contact. Have not kept up savings. Therefore, will not be getting a case.

But I am buying a case of a wine from a distributor here in Chicago. Really great stuff. It's a case of the 2005 Chateau de Chorey les Beaune. My first ever "case buy." Got such an incredible price on this.

Congrats on your first case buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girardian View Post
This is hilarious -- I did the same thing. Bought, forgot, then when my e-mail came through for this year's allocation, I remembered. Thankfully, I ordered immediately (I missed out on a few allocations this year, so moved quickly on this one), and I got mine. Re: the '07s, I will make a trip up to the vineyard to pick up on site.



Wish I had been quicker on the draw for the 08s.
post #7980 of 18037
roederer brut cristal 2k2 on wtso for 189
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread