Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Wine Thread - Page 53

post #781 of 21067
A celebratory bottle of Merry Edwards 2007 Meredith Estate Pinot.
post #782 of 21067
Just got my Trade Pass for the upcoming Pinot Days at Navy Pier in two week! w00t!!!
post #783 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post
Just got my Trade Pass for the upcoming Pinot Days at Navy Pier in two week! w00t!!!

Sweet!!
post #784 of 21067
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post
Just got my Trade Pass for the upcoming Pinot Days at Navy Pier in two week! w00t!!!

Lucky, lucky. Enjoy buddy!

http://www.pinotdays.com/
post #785 of 21067
As a spaniard I must recommend to you if you don´t now yet this famous and top 10 wines.

Rioja red wine crianza ( older than reserve)

Ribera del Duero ( same as above but better for me)
post #786 of 21067
we are well aware
post #787 of 21067
i am trying to find a really big zin taste in a relatively affordable package.

$25-$50 ideally.

i have been a fan of wines like sin zin and some ravenswood varieties but haven't gotten to try all that many zins. one of my favorite wines is a zin heavy blend called paraduxx. i'm hoping someone can point me to a favorite spicy zin. smooth, bold and hopefully some cinnamon?

any suggestions are appreciated.
post #788 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekblackroadster View Post
i am trying to find a really big zin taste in a relatively affordable package.

$25-$50 ideally.

i have been a fan of wines like sin zin and some ravenswood varieties but haven't gotten to try all that many zins. one of my favorite wines is a zin heavy blend called paraduxx. i'm hoping someone can point me to a favorite spicy zin. smooth, bold and hopefully some cinnamon?

any suggestions are appreciated.

Try Turley, anything from Psenti to Juvenile.
post #789 of 21067
does Ridge make any zins? I know they have a zin blend which is excellent.
post #790 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
does Ridge make any zins? I know they have a zin blend which is excellent.

Ridge has several 100% zins. I've only had their East Bench though. It was a very full wine, lots of spice and tannins with a hint of that unique flavor you get from a star anise. Really good!
post #791 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
does Ridge make any zins? I know they have a zin blend which is excellent.

Speaking of Ridge, just got my email confirming a private tasting in December

And speaking of zins, my Turley allocation just arrived today
post #792 of 21067
I haven't had anything from Ridge in 2 or so years, but they've always struck me as a great producer. I remember their chardonnay from a few vintages ago was just excellent, really surprised me.
post #793 of 21067
haven't drunk wine in a couple of years, but ridge makes (made?) a couple of nice zinfandels. is skky (?) still around? i seem to recall mt. veeder, as well....
post #794 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post
Just got my Trade Pass for the upcoming Pinot Days at Navy Pier in two week! w00t!!!

I want to see some reviews of MacPhail please.
post #795 of 21067
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscolari View Post
I want to see some reviews of MacPhail please.

Noted and will do! I was also very excited to see Merry Edwards on the list!!!!

This also brings up a great point...being a n00b to vino as I am...especially when it comes to PN...I would be most grateful for any suggestions as to which ones to make SURE I visit and taste:

List Thus Far:

1) Merry Edwards
2) MacPhail
3) Loring Wine Company

Please add to this list if you can.

Cheers!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread