or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Wine Thread - Page 1325

post #19861 of 20679
So easy to drink

post #19862 of 20679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

2010 was like the greatest brunello vintage of all time. I've yet to have even tasted a bad one.

It's certainly up there.
post #19863 of 20679
Had a glass of this last night. Still
too oaky for my taste but deeply layered, complicated... some of the same flavor elements I appreciate in well-aged northern eye-tals.
Certainly glad I wasn't paying wink.gif

post #19864 of 20679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post

Had a glass of this last night. Still
too oaky for my taste but deeply layered, complicated... some of the same flavor elements I appreciate in well-aged northern eye-tals.
Certainly glad I wasn't paying wink.gif

Lol, there's been a lot of this going around lately... agree that it's got a lot going on in the glass.
post #19865 of 20679
A few wines over the Masters weekend: 89 Cos d'Estournel: for my tastes, firing on all cylinders and ready to go. Balanced, aromatic, picked up weight in the decanter over a few hours, just wonderful. 1995 Ridge Montebello: finally showing some maturity and beginning to shed it's deep core of fruit and show some secondary characteristics. Wonderful, looking forward to seeing this one continue to evolve. 2013 Arnot Roberts North Coast Trousseau: I thought this was a bretty mess and did not enjoy it. I've had this before and liked it, not sure what was going on here. 2014 Sandhi Santa Rita Hills Pinot: this was okay. I like the Sandhi Chards (this is sommelier Raj Parr's label) a lot, but I didn't really care for this.
post #19866 of 20679
Vajra make great wine. QPR is fantastic as well.
post #19867 of 20679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

2010 was like the greatest brunello vintage of all time. I've yet to have even tasted a bad one.

Agreed
post #19868 of 20679
Dark, gamey, smoke

post #19869 of 20679


2012 Syrah from Stoney Vine vineyard in the rocks district of walla walla. Super funky as expected. 2009 Cab from similar geography, bought a couple of the 2010s today so it gave me a hankering for it
post #19870 of 20679
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Dark, gamey, smoke

Hard to get. Friend retailed me some last year. Nice stuff.

Had this with dinner tonight. For about $15 a bottle it's hard to beat. Acid is lively.




From last Saturday night at my nearby place. Not ashamed to say I killed all five with just a little help from Mrs. Piob.

post #19871 of 20679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Hard to get. Friend retailed me some last year. Nice stuff.
 

Let me know if you want some, next time they have an allocation, I can PM you whats available, and just let me know what you want.

 

Hardest part of that maker is that you're supposed to let it age... but damn it's good.

post #19872 of 20679
@RedLantern how did you like the beresan? I was thinking of ordering some from yesterday's offer
post #19873 of 20679


This was $22 at the PA wine store. I'm really diggin' it.
post #19874 of 20679
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

@RedLantern how did you like the beresan? I was thinking of ordering some from yesterday's offer

I am a really big fan of the '09, I had not had nor heard of the winery before I bought some of that from Full Pull, but I have reordered it a time or two. For $20, it is the best WA cab I have come across. I'm excited to see how the 2010 compares.
post #19875 of 20679
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

@RedLantern how did you like the beresan? I was thinking of ordering some from yesterday's offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

I am a really big fan of the '09, I had not had nor heard of the winery before I bought some of that from Full Pull, but I have reordered it a time or two. For $20, it is the best WA cab I have come across. I'm excited to see how the 2010 compares.

I put myself in for six. I'm hoping it's as good a QPR as the Berg family 07 was.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread