or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Wine Thread - Page 951

post #14251 of 17488
To garner attention, duh.
post #14252 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

To garner attention, duh.

You said it. I wanna be that douchie, super ''cool'' guy.

post #14253 of 17488
The old school Pavies pre-Gerard Perse are awesome. Is that 1975? Haven't that one, but many others surrounding it.
post #14254 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

The old school Pavies pre-Gerard Perse are awesome. Is that 1975? Haven't that one, but many others surrounding it.

Yes it is. One of my favorite wine. It's a must to try it out, you won't be disappointed :)

post #14255 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

You said it. I wanna be that douchie, super ''cool'' guy.
So what's the answer then?
post #14256 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

So what's the answer then?

http://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?PrinterFriendly=true&iEvent=12142

 

Here is your answer.

post #14257 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

http://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?PrinterFriendly=true&iEvent=12142

Here is your answer.
That is the answer to "How were the wines?" The question was: What's the point of posting pictures of bottles without any comment about the wine?
post #14258 of 17488
.
post #14259 of 17488
Popped an O Leflaive bourg blanc. My go to cheap burg. Awesome.
post #14260 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

That is the answer to "How were the wines?" The question was: What's the point of posting pictures of bottles without any comment about the wine?

what is the point of posting pictures at all?

bought six bottles of finca sandoval from Cinderella for $16.50, one of my favorite producers, used to exchange bon mots online with the winemaker when he was a wine writer. Beautiful clarity and depth of dark fruit, cherries picking up notes of smoke and saddle leather from the syrah. Would guess this will cellar for 10 years.

if this goes on sale again, you won't do better for $16.50
post #14261 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure View Post

what is the point of posting pictures at all?
So you associate it better with the wine? Reading something is fine, but having the label with it is far superior.
post #14262 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure View Post

what is the point of posting pictures at all?

Social media = Sharing.
Visuals = More Memorable... More Impact.

Sharing+Visuals = icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #14263 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure View Post

what is the point of posting pictures at all?
I think it's is a nice touch and I find it helpful to see the labels. I don't understand why people post pics of food they've cooked without labels in the WDYELNFD thread either.
post #14264 of 17488
i stand corrected, we used to run a website for a big retailer and we argued about labels on the site. Looks like he was correct...though I still need to be convinced the time to photograph, edit, crop and upload the photos would have paid for itself.

here's a business idea for someone, work with every distributor and/or winery to create a repository of high quality label images. Charge...I dunno, $1/label per store. if it works out for you, send me a case of first growths. (which was what I charged to construct the retailer website).
post #14265 of 17488
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

I think it's is a nice touch and I find it helpful to see the labels. I don't understand why people post pics of food they've cooked without labels in the WDYELNFD thread either.
We do that to piss off rambo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread