or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Wine Thread - Page 813

post #12181 of 18024
I just realized from looking at that label that her SB alcohol is unusually high. But it never really tasted hot to me. Maybe the oak mitigates that a bit. Piob?
post #12182 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I hear this is a favorite of Joel Robuchon. I need to try it one day.

Am I the only one who thinks Robuchon looks like the me gusta face?

200

Maybe that's how he looks after he drinks the ME SB.
post #12183 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

I just realized from looking at that label that her SB alcohol is unusually high. But it never really tasted hot to me. Maybe the oak mitigates that a bit. Piob?

Could well be. That and it has some acid too. It certainly does not drink hot but rather has a full, unctuous mouth feel.
post #12184 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I hear this is a favorite of Joel Robuchon. I need to try it one day.

biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

I just realized from looking at that label that her SB alcohol is unusually high. But it never really tasted hot to me. Maybe the oak mitigates that a bit. Piob?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Could well be. That and it has some acid too. It certainly does not drink hot but rather has a full, unctuous mouth feel.

I'd say acid rather than oak that balances the alcohol.

Piob, if you ever get the chance, try the SB from Le Vieux Pin - very similar to ME, perhaps not as well balanced, but definitely on the right track for a young BC winery. I think I poasted a pic a while ago... if I had one criticism it would be the alcohol being too high.

LL LL
post #12185 of 18024
Last Night: 2008 Renieri Rosso di Montalcino. For $11, will definitely get some more. A little deeper in color and darker fruit than most Rossos I've had. Nice little daily drinker.
post #12186 of 18024
Are there any ~$20 champagnes worth drinking? I'm drinking some shitty South African Champagne right now and wishing I wasn't.
post #12187 of 18024
There is no such thing as South African Champagne. teacha.gif
post #12188 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg View Post

Are there any ~$20 champagnes worth drinking? I'm drinking some shitty South African Champagne right now and wishing I wasn't.

$27 at K&L Wines and I'm loving it. In fact, we're sipping a bottle of it at this moment.

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=844303
post #12189 of 18024
I've been meaning to order a case from K&L for a while. They have the 2001 Viña Ardanza Rioja Reserva Especial which I had at Per Se and loved.
post #12190 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg View Post

Are there any ~$20 champagnes worth drinking? I'm drinking some shitty South African Champagne right now and wishing I wasn't.

Champagne? No. Sparkling wine? Yes. Adami Prosecco and Jaume Serra Cristalino or German Gilabert for Cava.
post #12191 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Champagne? No. Sparkling wine? Yes. Adami Prosecco and Jaume Serra Cristalino or German Gilabert for Cava.

I love German Gilabert. Best $12 or $13 sparkling ever.
post #12192 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

I love German Gilabert. Best $12 or $13 sparkling ever.
It is really, really good. For the same price, by the basic Adami Prosecco if you find it, or, for $4-5 more buy the Adami Bosco di Gica.
post #12193 of 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

It is really, really good. For the same price, by the basic Adami Prosecco if you find it, or, for $4-5 more buy the Adami Bosco di Gica.

I've enjoyed the regular Adami; never tried the Bosco di Gica.
post #12194 of 18024
03 L'Aventure Côte-à-Côte Estate. Visited this place over Xmas. Bought a case of current release and a couple library release.

This wine is fantastic. GSM but about 40% G. Nose is pepper and spice of Syrah and that certain "foxy" notes I associate with Mouvedre. In the mouth it's all voluptuous Grenache. Finish is pepper and spice of Syrah with some tannins. Love it.
post #12195 of 18024
Jesus Christ, Piob--you're not hung over like a dog today? You must have a mighty, mighty liver.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Wine Thread