• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Boots

Verna

Reaction score
I'm a college student who goes to a fairly large public and have to walk 20+ minutes to class every day. I don't own an actual pair of boots (I only have heavy duty ones for when I'm outside for 3+ hours, and they are pretty ugly looking). Last winter I wore the crap out of my couple pairs of shoes due to snow, ice, slush, etc. They are all pretty much ruined.

I am in dire need of a good pair of boots to walk to and from class in. I'm looking to spend no more than $150. I would like something that is somewhat fashionable, but is also comfortable for me to walk in and good traction so I won't slip and fall!

Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works boots. These are made by Chippewa and they are super high quality for $150 in my oppinion. I wore mine all last winter and they were excellent and stylish.
dsc2124az8.jpg
Get 'em here: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...rom=SR&feat=sr

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
The Katahdin is an awesome boot, probably best value you will find. They raised the price to $160.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great myself but the quality is really high, super soft but thick leather and overall just a well shaped and constructed boot that feels like it will last a long time.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Aside from my kodiak boots for serious weather when looking good goes out the window, my winter boots will be Nice Collective Combat Boot
23638_4-%281%29.jpg
Alden Vintage Indy Boot
vi1.jpg
Indys are always available. I think NiCo is coming out with more boots this year as well. Anyway both of those are solid options. They will run you more than $150, but should you decide to up your budget, worthy of consideration.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
They're black underneath... so they'll get there. I can't remember what actual f/wear they're doing this year.
Same but including a silver-painted version. It's ridiculous.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Nice Collective Combat Boot

Alden Vintage Indy Boot

Every winter I ruin a pair of shoes due to salt stains...Do you just wipe your boots down after every wear or what?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color on the LL bean website doesn't look anywhere near the color of the boots listed in the pic attached to this thread..wow.. i'm sold.

do any of you know how they fit ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads