or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Winter Boots - Page 3

post #31 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey07 View Post
Anyone have a pic of these worn with some jeans ?

I'd also like to see a picture of the Katahdins with jeans
post #32 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier View Post
I think that's the same one Crane's store manager wears around his ranch. He posted pics in the Wolverine boot thread - said it's been through all kinds of muck and withstands everything.

Also, what up with Katahdin's sizing? Should one order dress shoe size or sneaker size? For example I wear 10.5 Clarks DB, Redwing, Varvatos, Paul Smith and 11 in New Balance sneaks.


These boots don't get as much praise because they may not be as aesthically appealing as an RW GT but if you're in a part of the country where your winters are tough; these boots will have your feet singing your praises.

I ordered an 11 in the Katadhin and they fit perfectly. I wear an 11.5 in NB's and Vans. I'm a 10.5 in the RW Iron Rangers as well.
post #33 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by blynch View Post
I'd also like to see a picture of the Katahdins with jeans

Click the link in my sig for pictures of me wearing the katahdin with two different pairs of jeans (neither of which fit very well but whatever).
post #34 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace View Post
Click the link in my sig for pictures of me wearing the katahdin with two different pairs of jeans (neither of which fit very well but whatever).

They look lighter than I was expecting - is that the standard brown color (the only one they are currently selling?) Nice though thanks for the link.
post #35 of 87
Yeah that's the color they come in, though mine have experienced a bit of contrast fading from winter wear.
post #36 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyngard View Post
Considering these as my new winter boot purchase. Would appreciate any reviews. These are the waterproofed version.

http://www.timberland.com/product/in...entPage=family

Thanks gents.

I've tried these on. They are insanely comfortable out of the box. If you like the styling, give them a whirl.
post #37 of 87
I found the link to pics of a well broken in pair & with jeans. Pretty fucking noice....

Note: The owner stated this was after about 1 year of everyday wear which included working in a volcanic region.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...9&postcount=56
post #38 of 87
Thanks for those pics you guys. Might have to get a pair this winter, still not sure I like the toe caps though.
post #39 of 87
I just perused the whole "Stylish, Functional and Durable Winter Boots - Too much to ask?" thread and the most well recieved boot was the Katahdin. A few notes...

- Sizing: Most said "True to size" - I suppose that means go with whatever most of your shoes are. How to choose between dress shoe size and sneaker size? If you are going to wear thick wool socks definately go with the larger size. I'm going to try my dress shoe size first since I won't be trudging them through snow with thick socks.

- The pics on page 1 of this thread had an application of Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP.

- They slip on ice.

- They come "distressed" in appearance and every time you touch it leaves a mark (similiar to suede.) If you apply Obenaufs or sno seal they will darken a bit and leave a uniform appearance. Here is a picture straight out of the box. The owner stated the picture was in bright sun and didn't appear THAT distressed in normal lighting. After applying Obenaufs LP & water seal it turned into a nice uniform
reddish/brown.

Fuck, maybe I should've just started a "LL Bean Katahdin" thread. I just don't want to be called a special flower.

post #40 of 87
^No way that is straight out of the box. There is some textural inconsistency when you open it up but that has more to with the leather. I don't think there is any real pre-distressing done to them.
post #41 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace View Post
^No way that is straight out of the box. There is some textural inconsistency when you open it up but that has more to with the leather. I don't think there is any real pre-distressing done to them.

Here's the links to his before & after posts. He later said they were taken in very bright sun and you could "barely see the marks" in normal light.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=112

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=125
post #42 of 87
Each person will receive a different looking pair out of the box..
post #43 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier View Post
I just perused the whole "Stylish, Functional and Durable Winter Boots - Too much to ask?" thread and the most well recieved boot was the Katahdin. A few notes... - Sizing: Most said "True to size" - I suppose that means go with whatever most of your shoes are. How to choose between dress shoe size and sneaker size? If you are going to wear thick wool socks definately go with the larger size. I'm going to try my dress shoe size first since I won't be trudging them through snow with thick socks. - The pics on page 1 of this thread had an application of Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. - They slip on ice. - They come "distressed" in appearance and every time you touch it leaves a mark (similiar to suede.) If you apply Obenaufs or sno seal they will darken a bit and leave a uniform appearance. Here is a picture straight out of the box. The owner stated the picture was in bright sun and didn't appear THAT distressed in normal lighting. After applying Obenaufs LP & water seal it turned into a nice uniform reddish/brown. Fuck, maybe I should've just started a "LL Bean Katahdin" thread. I just don't want to be called a special flower.
I'm in love with the boots and plan on wearing them out as much as i can. I kinda look like a moron wearing them now when it's been 90+ degrees here in NYC, but fuck it. Does anyone know a similar type of boot, inclusive to silhouette and toe profile in black ?
post #44 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyngard View Post
Considering these as my new winter boot purchase. Would appreciate any reviews. These are the waterproofed version.

http://www.timberland.com/product/in...entPage=family

Thanks gents.

i have the same boot, but in all black.

i think itll be a keeper
post #45 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier View Post
I just perused the whole "Stylish, Functional and Durable Winter Boots - Too much to ask?" thread and the most well recieved boot was the Katahdin. A few notes...

- Sizing: Most said "True to size" - I suppose that means go with whatever most of your shoes are. How to choose between dress shoe size and sneaker size? If you are going to wear thick wool socks definately go with the larger size. I'm going to try my dress shoe size first since I won't be trudging them through snow with thick socks.

- The pics on page 1 of this thread had an application of Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP.

- They slip on ice.

- They come "distressed" in appearance and every time you touch it leaves a mark (similiar to suede.) If you apply Obenaufs or sno seal they will darken a bit and leave a uniform appearance. Here is a picture straight out of the box. The owner stated the picture was in bright sun and didn't appear THAT distressed in normal lighting. After applying Obenaufs LP & water seal it turned into a nice uniform
reddish/brown.

Fuck, maybe I should've just started a "LL Bean Katahdin" thread. I just don't want to be called a special flower.

Can you please post a pic wearing jeans with these?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter Boots