or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Flat Waxed Shoe Laces?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flat Waxed Shoe Laces? - Page 3

post #31 of 54
The Alden shop on Madison usually has these in stock in various sizes and colors (brown and black).
post #32 of 54
This still seems to be the easiest place to get them online, at least in the US. I would assume any decent men's shoe store would have them as well, but perhaps I put too much faith in men's shoe stores. I picked up a couple of pairs in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyrt View Post
I was just placed in the same endeavor for Flat Waxed Laces and emailed http://www.shoelacesexpress.com, they say that the following (despite the poor quality photos) http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/waxeddress.asp

are what we have been searching for, will order a few and confirm.

-Tom
post #33 of 54
anyone have any luck finding these? I need several pairs for my Aldens. From experience, online retailers of Alden will not sell you laces unless you purchase a pair of shoes
post #34 of 54
I just remembered that my cobbler had a rack of laces. Fingers fucking crossed
post #35 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyrt View Post

I was just placed in the same endeavor for Flat Waxed Laces and emailed http://www.shoelacesexpress.com, they say that the following (despite the poor quality photos) http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/waxeddress.asp

are what we have been searching for, will order a few and confirm.

-Tom

Tommyrt: So how did these flat waxed laces end up? Any good? Got pics?
post #36 of 54
Going bump this... looking for flat waxed boot laces like the Wolverines posted above.
post #37 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanC View Post

Going bump this... looking for flat waxed boot laces like the Wolverines posted above.

Not sure if these will suit, but this UK webstore sells Alden waxed bootlaces for 5 pounds per pair.
post #38 of 54
Those would be perfect, but delivery outside of the UK is 5x more than the laces.
post #39 of 54

Are there any disadvantages to these? Is it harder to lace them up, after you take off the laces each time to polish the shoes? Do you have to iron them? I read that Prince Charles has his valet do that.

post #40 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

Are there any disadvantages to these? Is it harder to lace them up, after you take off the laces each time to polish the shoes? Do you have to iron them? I read that Prince Charles has his valet do that.

I came in this thread looking for laces exactly like the ones in YOUR shoes.

post #41 of 54

I posted that before I found my flat laces. I'm happy to report that they require no maintenance and there are no disadvantages to using them. I might be able to sell you some. Email sales@kentwang.com

 

I'm not sure why Prince Charles would need to iron his. Perhaps they're wider, or simply that his valet is extremely fastidious.

post #42 of 54

Looks like Amazon has a good seller: http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Flat-Shoe-Laces-Black/dp/B007BCUHQM/

Many colors and lengths available.

post #43 of 54
Kirby Allison recently started stocking them over at The Hanger Project too:

http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/colored-dress-shoe-laces-1.html#.UW8Fu2etq7I
post #44 of 54

Here you'll find the correct replacement laces for the  Wolverine1000 Mile boots
 

http://therightlace.com/
 
post #45 of 54
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Flat Waxed Shoe Laces?