or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Chinese Pork Roll Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese Pork Roll Appreciation Thread

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Just had my first steamed Chinese pork roll today from a local Chinese bakery...Oh My God...
post #2 of 13
Ever had these?



Steamed buns filled with spicy minced pork or chicken. Too good!
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
That looks awesome, and very similar to the pork roll...those fried ones are good too...haven't had Indian in a while...the Kashmiri sauce they have here is GREAT...so creamy and banana laden
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
That looks awesome, and very similar to the pork roll...those fried ones are good too...haven't had Indian in a while...the Kashmiri sauce they have here is GREAT...so creamy and banana laden

The steamed bun I posted is Chinese, called Sao Bao. My favourite Dim Sum dish.

The fried Indian pastries are called Samosa, my mom made tons yesterday for my sister's wedding in August. Freezer is stuffed now with these.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz View Post
The steamed bun I posted is Chinese, called Sao Bao. My favourite Dim Sum dish.

The fried Indian pastries are called Samosa, my mom made tons yesterday for my sister's wedding in August. Freezer is stuffed now with these.

lucky lucky man...yea thats what I ate this morning/afternoon after my run...damn so good, also had one with bean spread
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
lucky lucky man...yea thats what I ate this morning/afternoon after my run...damn so good, also had one with bean spread



Hmm..you love yourself some spiciness early in the day huh? It's good stuff though.
post #7 of 13
Meats in pastries....hard to go wrong. Curried beef turnovers are
post #8 of 13
get it baked at may li wah and sun say kai in chinatown manhattan. i had 2 every morning from sun say kai when i lived in chinatown.
post #9 of 13
+1

OP, if you like the steamed pork bun; you'll love the baked.
post #10 of 13
That's outstanding, now I have to get one.
post #11 of 13
xiao long bao ftw mmmmmm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
xiao long bao ftw mmmmmm


oh, yeah!!
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Just had a baked one today...steamed is much better, much softer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Chinese Pork Roll Appreciation Thread