or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › True Nudie regular ralph sizing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

True Nudie regular ralph sizing?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi:

I'm eyeing a pair of nudie regular ralph on eBay.

I usually wear 32x34, but with diesel end up going to 30x34.

My normal 32x34 trousers have a 43 inch leg. I asked the eBay seller what the size was on the Ralphs, and he said ~41 inches.

I'm wondering if this is because the rise is *really* short, or the leg is *really* short, or both, or because he's not measuring correctly.

Also, I assume Nudie's don't shrink -- yes?

Finally, Nudie describes the Ralph's as being "regular, straight bootcut". Isn't this a contradiction in terms? I actually wear cowboy boots fairly often, a a true straight jean (like 501s) end up stopping at the ankle because they are narrow enough to be held up by the vamp of the boot, while Gap bootcut jeans (for exampe) fall much more naturally over the boot.

The Gap jeans have leg opening width of 9.75 inches, levis are 7.75 inches, and I'm told the Nudie jeans are 8.75 inches. Will this be enough to accomodate boots in a natural way?

Am open to all advise.

-boston
post #2 of 10
Riccardi's on Newbury Street, and I think the new Barneys in the Copley Center both have Nudies, and it would really surprise me if neither are carrying the RR. I would go try them on. Your size in Diesel is not very helpful, since Diesel sizes vary widely by model. The Ralphs have a subtle bootcut, which is not really a contradiction. They have a straight outseam and a bit of a "bootcut" on the inseam. I would say that there is about a 1.5 inch difference between the knee and hem measurements.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
great -- thanks!

-boston
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Riccardi's on Newbury Street, and I think the new Barneys in the Copley Center both have Nudies, and it would really surprise me if neither are carrying the RR. I would go try them on. Your size in Diesel is not very helpful, since Diesel sizes vary widely by model. The Ralphs have a subtle bootcut, which is not really a contradiction. They have a straight outseam and a bit of a "bootcut" on the inseam. I would say that there is about a 1.5 inch difference between the knee and hem measurements.

LA Guy - In your opinion how much do nudie RR's strech in the waist after breaking them in? are they similar to APC new standards or will they shrink back to the original waist size? thanks much.
post #5 of 10
After 2 washes in 3 months (I know: heresy), my RRs tend to go back to their original sizing, or something slightly smaller. The stretch seems similar to regular department store jeans after a week or so.

--Andre
post #6 of 10
The ralf's have a slight bootcut. It's inbetween a true bootcut and straight leg. The rise is pretty short. They run pretty true to size, maybe slightly larger. Assuming they don't make a 31x34, you should get a 32x34 for sure.
post #7 of 10
I got a 29. I'm about a 29-30 in real life.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond
LA Guy - In your opinion how much do nudie RR's strech in the waist after breaking them in? are they similar to APC new standards or will they shrink back to the original waist size? thanks much.

They will definitely shrink back to the original wasit size after a wash, unless you have subjected them to the extreme stretching (ie. from a state where tou can't button the top two buttons.) Recently, I had to dry mine while they were just very, very slightly damp to get rid of the mildewy smell (Boston is pretty damp, and hang drying is sometimes just not enough) and they actually shrank slighltly in the waist. I'm pretty sure this is the reason people say that their raw and pre-washed Ralphs fit differently.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault78law
The ralf's have a slight bootcut. It's inbetween a true bootcut and straight leg. The rise is pretty short. They run pretty true to size, maybe slightly larger. Assuming they don't make a 31x34, you should get a 32x34 for sure.

They definitely make a 31x34 (I am wearing a 31/32 Loose Frank Dry right now,) although these may be difficult to obtain in the States. Ask Mauro (DENIMBAR). He is probably the best hook up stateside.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault78law
The ralf's have a slight bootcut. It's inbetween a true bootcut and straight leg. The rise is pretty short. They run pretty true to size, maybe slightly larger. Assuming they don't make a 31x34, you should get a 32x34 for sure.

I'm wearing a pair of 31x34 RRDG right now. They definitely make them. I got mine from Mauro, so I agree with LA Guy--check with Denim Bar, Mauro seems to stock everything!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › True Nudie regular ralph sizing?