or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew F/W 09 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion - Page 276

post #4126 of 5101
Yeah, after tax and shipping, it's more like 15% off, but it's the only place to get that shirt these days. FYI sizing on Mister Freedom is nothing like J Crew. I wear a S in secret wash shirts, and a L in the MF chambray. I think the sale is only worthwhile if you are looking to spend $250+ or buying something that you can't find in stores.
post #4127 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Yeah, after tax and shipping, it's more like 15% off, but it's the only place to get that shirt these days. FYI sizing on Mister Freedom is nothing like J Crew. I wear a S in secret wash shirts, and a L in the MF chambray.

So you are saying the MF shirts run extra small then? Good to know and means the XL would be way to short for my arms.

Really, why can't JCrew offer free shipping for orders that large? BR does free shipping for larger orders all the time AND you can stack Coupons with them.
post #4128 of 5101
Actually, I am saying that J Crew sizing runs large Sizing on MF is very consistent across pieces. I am always a M in their shirts and outerwear, except for the shirts that are produced with unsanforized fabric, such as these chambray utility shirts, in which I am a L. J Crew washes the shirts, and they shrink down to a full size. If you want to see measurements, look on Self Edge. SE's unsanforized L should be about the same as a J Crew M. When in doubt, just call J Crew for measurements. Yeah, I've stacked 3 or 4 codes with BR at times, back when I used to buy their stuff. Plus, I still get free shipping all the time from BR (LUXE). One of these days, I am going to open a J Crew account...
post #4129 of 5101
Thread Starter 
you know the most fucked up thing? their distribution center is in roanake, VA and I live in richmond. every order I place is delivered next day.. yet I still pay as much as anyone else for shipping. dumb. the j crew card is ONLY worth it for the holiday red card, which I don't think they're even doing this year.
post #4130 of 5101
^I don't know... I would use it to pay all my bills and work travel expenses and collect the rewards cards.
post #4131 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
the 484 slim cords in dusty grey, 32x32: fit well, although not espeically 'slim' in the leg opening. I like these and hopefully they don't stretch out like other j crew cords ive tried



you mind posting measurements?
post #4132 of 5101
Anybody have any experience with the Vintage slim-fit 5-pocket vintage cords? I have my eye on the dark brown, slate and vintage black colors. Curious how they run in terms of size, quality and so on.
post #4133 of 5101
JCrew site just put up it's own Fail Whale. I think the SF crashed it.
post #4134 of 5101
Any thoughts on the current Legacy blazers? I'm tempted to use the sale to pick one up. A few options:

1. Get the plain Legacy blazer for around $200.
2. Screw it, get the cashmere for $400.
3. Look for a nicer coat (e.g. RLPL) on the FS forums.

What do you reckon?
post #4135 of 5101
Thread Starter 
under no circumstances would I spend $400 for a sportcoat from j crew...
post #4136 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenhunter View Post
Any thoughts on the current Legacy blazers? I'm tempted to use the sale to pick one up. A few options:

1. Get the plain Legacy blazer for around $200.
2. Screw it, get the cashmere for $400.
3. Look for a nicer coat (e.g. RLPL) on the FS forums.

What do you reckon?

#3 easily.

The Jcrew blazers didn't seem any better or worse than Macys brand blazers.
post #4137 of 5101
Thread Starter 
pic w/ cords btw these are actually really low rise. like a 9.5 rise
post #4138 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
This is correct. You can only get the student discount over the phone or in store. The GIFTS code is good for online or over the phone if you need help. They will not stack codes over the phone, and I'm not even sure how you could stack codes online.

I emailed jcrew about this specifically for an order a while back. As long as your are registered under a university email you can just send them a mail from that account and they will apply the discount to your order. The only restrictions are that you can't stack it and you can't use it on any item whose price ends in .99.
post #4139 of 5101
Looks good though - not too slim, not too wide.
post #4140 of 5101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
I emailed jcrew about this specifically for an order a while back. As long as your are registered under a university email you can just send them a mail from that account and they will apply the discount to your order. The only restrictions are that you can't stack it and you can't use it on any item whose price ends in .99.

don't even need a university email
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew F/W 09 Discussion