or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew F/W 09 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion - Page 154

post #2296 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by youalreadyknow View Post
anyone know if there is a way to still get these MacAlister boots? They aren't on the website anymore, i'm hoping they release them again sometime.

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/6...%3A30%20PM&r=1


Have seen similar grotesqueries in Kohls.
post #2297 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc003k View Post
Thoughts on these wingtips?
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...8929/18929.jsp

For that price, whats another pair thats better/similar?

Allen Edmonds can usually be found at around that price.
post #2298 of 5101
Saw my first pair of McCallisters in the store today. Man, they're cheap looking compared to Clarks! The soles especially, sort of a fake-looking crepe sole. Looks like something I'd expect to see in American Eagle. Very disappointing.

Other than that, I didn't see much that tripped my trigger today. Some henleys on sale. Not very many mark downs yet. Waiting for those damned cords to get marked down 10-20 bucks at least. Saw some fairly nice looking shawl neck pullovers that might be a decent pick-up on sale. Only 69 but I'd feel better around 49, considering my closet shelves are bulging with sweaters right now.

I left without buying anything so decided I could spend money on a couple of brews in Jack of the Wood. Rounded off the afternoon nicely. I sat at the bar wearing my khaki camp pants, heather gray sweat shirt, utility jacket, and white JPs. Just in case you were wondering.
post #2299 of 5101
deleted premium officer chino from my list, would rather pick up chino from GAP or american eagle.
post #2300 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovoid View Post
deleted premium officer chino from my list, would rather pick up chino from GAP or american eagle.

Ha ha. Check out Target too.
post #2301 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovoid View Post
deleted premium officer chino from my list, would rather pick up chino from GAP or american eagle.

The nice thing about the GAP chinos is that they don't stretch like the J.Crew ones. I wear TTS in GAP and I have to size down one in J.Crew.
post #2302 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by youalreadyknow View Post
anyone know if there is a way to still get these MacAlister boots? They aren't on the website anymore, i'm hoping they release them again sometime.

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/6...%3A30%20PM&r=1

those are so fucking ugly
post #2303 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Ha ha. Check out Target too.

haha, thanks, man, I will.
post #2304 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_954 View Post
The nice thing about the GAP chinos is that they don't stretch like the J.Crew ones. I wear TTS in GAP and I have to size down one in J.Crew.

good to know. somehow the GAP chino feels better than J Crew regular chino.
post #2305 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Waiting for those damned cords to get marked down 10-20 bucks at least. Saw some fairly nice looking shawl neck pullovers that might be a decent pick-up on sale. Only 69 but I'd feel better around 49, considering my closet shelves are bulging with sweaters right now.

Are you talking about the jean-style or the trouser-style? Both were marked down to $49 (or maybe $39, not sure) at my local store (North Ave). Would have tried them on but they didn't have my size. I saw those sweaters as well and look forward to them getting cheaper - I have a grey shawl neck pullover from last season that I like quite a bit. There were a couple of cardigans that I hadn't seen online, including a brown/cream marled wool shawl collar for $98. Wasn't blowing my mind, but I might pick it up on sale.

Surplus and officer chinos were $39 as well for anyone who's interested.
post #2306 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovoid View Post
haha, thanks, man, I will.

haha lol, man!
post #2307 of 5101
Anyone have anything to say on the Youngstown flannel after owning it awhile?

I'm on the fence on this one; not sure if I'll still be feeling it a few weeks post purchase, plus I haven't seen it in person. Definitely want the spruce green one though.
post #2308 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin-1 View Post
Anyone have anything to say on the Youngstown flannel after owning it awhile?

I'm on the fence on this one; not sure if I'll still be feeling it a few weeks post purchase, plus I haven't seen it in person. Definitely want the spruce green one though.

I have a J.Crew flannel a coast-to-coast search. It's blue and white and only available in stores at the moment. None of the other flannels tripped my trigger, but this one did.
post #2309 of 5101
^ I'm really hoping that one arrives online. Next rollout is supposed to be Oct 12 or so.
post #2310 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_954 View Post
I have a J.Crew flannel a coast-to-coast search. It's blue and white and only available in stores at the moment. None of the other flannels tripped my trigger, but this one did.

Saw that one in store, but it was the last one, in a large and folded up tightly so I didn't really get a feel for it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew F/W 09 Discussion