or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew F/W 09 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion - Page 152

post #2266 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes View Post
/
What would you say would be a better alternative at the J Crew pricerange?

Banana Republic
post #2267 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post
I'm waiting for the classic wool version to go on sale as I might snag those up.

Thanks for the input; I'm interested in the wool ones as well. I'll probably audition them with the next order I place to qualify for free shipping.
post #2268 of 5101
J Crew is kinda silly, if you order on your phone, you need pay the shipping. but if you order on their RED phone, you dont need pay the shipping.
post #2269 of 5101
once again, anybody have the J Crew x Red Wing boots in Dark Straw color?
post #2270 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovoid View Post
J Crew is kinda silly, if you order on your phone, you need pay the shipping. but if you order on their RED phone, you dont need pay the shipping.

it makes sense though, the reason you would use the red phone is because they didn't have what you were looking for in the store, or else you would have bought it there.
post #2271 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by youalreadyknow View Post
it makes sense though, the reason you would use the red phone is because they didn't have what you were looking for in the store, or else you would have bought it there.

You can save on tax too if you have it sent to someone living in a state with no sales tax on clothes. So, like, send it to a relative or friend in Oregon or some such place, then pick it up the next time you visit.

See me for more money-saving ideas!
post #2272 of 5101
well, they could be smarter. say, use their database to locate the goods you want, if not available in their stores near you, then they provide free shipping. wonder how hard it is
post #2273 of 5101
A nice compromise would be for them to have more reasonable shipping rates when ordering from home, but what can you do.
post #2274 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovoid View Post
once again, anybody have the J Crew x Red Wing boots in Dark Straw color?

No, but I tried them on in the Seattle store. Didn't like the color as much as the other two options.
post #2275 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier View Post
No, but I tried them on in the Seattle store. Didn't like the color as much as the other two options.

what kinda leather is it? the picture on J Crew site looks like they're suede boots

if the leather is similar to the hickory's, only lighter tanned, I wanna give it a try.
post #2276 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovoid View Post
what kinda leather is it? the picture on J Crew site looks like they're suede boots

if the leather is similar to the hickory's, only lighter tanned, I wanna give it a try.

Yea if I remember correctly it's suede. It was alright but if I'm going to buy some big ass-kicking mountain logger work boots that I'm going to sludge through dirt, mud, rain etc I don't want suede. It just didn't look right either, suede should be used for casual/dressy wear. If you're going to baby them and like the style then I guess it's ok because the color aint bad.
post #2277 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes View Post
/
What would you say would be a better alternative at the J Crew pricerange?

BR is good. Also try Macy's and Bloomingdale's.
post #2278 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm View Post
I usually load up on the cotton-cashmere or cotton-wool sweaters when they are between $20-30. They do lose shape over time but Im not too worried when they are only $20-30. But they arent worth the regular price. Other than that my other sweaters are all $150<

Edit: you should check out there lambswool, I have 1 and its held its shape better than the cotton cashmere.

I have two of their lambswool half zips from last year that are pretty solid for 40 each on sale.


Anyway, hit the store today and they had NOTHING I was looking for. No Millerain jackets, no crew neck sueded fleece; the only flannels they had were the green/black and red/black buffalo plaid, so I tried on the small and it will work, so I can order the sodus bay and the youngstown online. They run big, considering I'm a 40 chest.



Tried on the secret wash shirts, and the small is too tight, medium too big....WTF? I really want the gunmetal giant gingham and the smaller blue/white gingham. On a side note, I actually stopped into A&F and they had a slightly larger gingham in blue/white for $70 which will probably work in a medium in their muscle fit. No gay moose logo, just a small, removable tag on the bottom of the hem. Unfortunately, the horrid stench of Abercrombie cologne and the fact I was accosted by some large tropical type plant (I swear it reached out and grabbed me) kept me from trying it on. I had to leave the store, but did contemplate returning with an oxygen mask. There was a ridiculously hot salesgirl in there though, grinding on a male employee, which made it a fairly enjoyable visit.
post #2279 of 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin-1 View Post
On a side note, I actually stopped into A&F and they had a slightly larger gingham in blue/white for $70 which will probably work in a medium in their muscle fit. No gay moose logo, just a small, removable tag on the bottom of the hem. Unfortunately, the horrid stench of Abercrombie cologne and the fact I was accosted by some large tropical type plant (I swear it reached out and grabbed me) kept me from trying it on. I had to leave the store, but did contemplate returning with an oxygen mask. There was a ridiculously hot salesgirl in there though, grinding on a male employee, which made it a fairly enjoyable visit.

That's funny sh*t right there!
post #2280 of 5101
Does anyone know when the Inverallan cardigan hit the store?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew F/W 09 Discussion