or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Finding Spruce and W&H in Edmonton....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finding Spruce and W&H in Edmonton.... - Page 2

post #16 of 45
I don't want to make a new thread, but does anyone know where I can pick up a Spruce sweatshirt in the United States? I'd really appreciate any kind of direction.
post #17 of 45
Steven Alan.
post #18 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin8885
Does anyone have any pics of Spruce stuff they can post? Or any links where I can see some of their sweatshirts online?
Forum member Sabrosa was selling a sweatshirt here, so there's plenty of pics.

Seconding the request for more photos of Spruce gear, if only for academic purposes - attention to detail looks phenomenal on some of their stuff.
post #19 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
Forum member Sabrosa was selling a sweatshirt here, so there's plenty of pics.

Seconding the request for more photos of Spruce gear, if only for academic purposes - attention to detail looks phenomenal on some of their stuff.

Ask, and ye shall receive. There are descriptions of both fall and new spring stuff here:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106150/
post #20 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Ask, and ye shall receive. There are descriptions of both fall and new spring stuff here:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106150/
Excellent, thanks!

You cannot, repeat, cannot beat the Japanese for clothing websites which border on the obsessive.

Do Spruce do much else other than sweatshirts?
post #21 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
Excellent, thanks!

You cannot, repeat, cannot beat the Japanese for clothing websites which border on the obsessive.

Do Spruce do much else other than sweatshirts?

They do tees, knits (I've been told by probably one of the most reliable sources possible), thermals, and some normal (e/g/ fleece blankets, scraves) to wierd accessories (e.g. hoods, sans the body,) as wel as some outerwear pieces (like the famous fleece peacoat). Wings & Horns, the sister brand, also does pants (or did - they had a great pair of military style pants a while back at Ron Herman), button up shirts, as well as tees, thermals, and hoodies. They may do more as well, but that's what I've seen.
post #22 of 45
are they both (spruce+w&h) made/designed in bc? i saw the tag on that spruce hoodie... and cyc is in vancouver? i know they make/made supreme hoodies. somebody told me they were made in vancouver. damn that tiger yellow one looks nice.
post #23 of 45
Last season, Wings + Horns made probably one of the most bizarre clothing pieces I've ever seen -- a 100% virgin wool vest that probably weighed about 20 lbs. The knit was INCREDIBLY thick (and it seriously weighed about 20 lbs) and it felt like steel wool. Really, really weird. I don't think it sold very well.
post #24 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
Last season, Wings + Horns made probably one of the most bizarre clothing pieces I've ever seen -- a 100% virgin wool vest that probably weighed about 20 lbs. The knit was INCREDIBLY thick (and it seriously weighed about 20 lbs) and it felt like steel wool. Really, really weird. I don't think it sold very well.

Is this it? http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106150/381682/

Looks like a possible candidate!
post #25 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed
Is this it? http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106150/381682/

Looks like a possible candidate!
Hah, no. The Wings & Horns one was made of solid wool. Huge, huge knit (each "loop" was a few cm thick).
post #26 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed
Is this it? http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106150/381682/

Looks like a possible candidate!

No, that is a something new for S/S 2006.
post #27 of 45
Oops, just saw "vest" and "heavy" together and jumped the gun a bit! Curious to see what minya is talking about though.
post #28 of 45
Maybe this is the sweater to which you're referring? Either that or the one where each yarn is made up of a shoelace-like tube. I forget. But ya, Wings & Horns does a couple show pieces every season that are more extravagant than practical. As it is, I think all the heavy fleece pieces should have a little warning against wearing them on any sea-going craft. You think they're heavy when they're DRY... K.
post #29 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Maybe this is the sweater to which you're referring?

Either that or the one where each yarn is made up of a shoelace-like tube. I forget. But ya, Wings & Horns does a couple show pieces every season that are more extravagant than practical. As it is, I think all the heavy fleece pieces should have a little warning against wearing them on any sea-going craft. You think they're heavy when they're DRY...

K.
Wow, it looked like that but sleeveless. Damn, that is a beautiful sweater.
post #30 of 45
Yeah, I think there were vests made as well. The novelty about them is that they're made out of fleece fabric cut up, turned into knitting-compatible shapes, and hand-knit Cowichan-style.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Finding Spruce and W&H in Edmonton....