or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How would you like a girl to dress? - Page 340

post #5086 of 5679
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

umm, but the outfits are hiding the girl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

it's not a problem, I simply commented...not entirely sure why it brought about all the vitriol, really

You implied it was a problem which is why we're here, so thanks a lot for that snarky boneheaded comment and the ensuing shittiness jfc.

Who the hell says "umm, but [fill in not-so-subtle judgment]" without actual implying something is wrong? Apparently you do, and then you couch your judgmental comment in a subjective opinion, and then you pretend there was never a problem in the first place so why the heck is everyone so upset golly jee. Get fucked. You're a snarky jerk and a bad liar. And the comment itself was just gross: women's bodies (or anyone's body for that matter) don't need to be accentuated or even beautiful to be worthwhile in any way.
post #5087 of 5679
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post


You implied it was a problem which is why we're here, so thanks a lot for that snarky boneheaded comment and the ensuing shittiness jfc.

Who the hell says "umm, but [fill in not-so-subtle judgment]" without actual implying something is wrong? Apparently you do, and then you couch your judgmental comment in a subjective opinion, and then you pretend there was never a problem in the first place so why the heck is everyone so upset golly jee. Get fucked. You're a snarky jerk and a bad liar. And the comment itself was just gross: women's bodies (or anyone's body for that matter) don't need to be accentuated or even beautiful to be worthwhile in any way.

are you fucking kidding with this?

I wasn't implying anything with my statement, but since you seem to be confused about that, let me be perfectly clear: I didn't like the fit on the woman in the draped fabric. the end. I've alluded to this multiple times in ensuing responses, but for whatever reason you'd rather project all of your melodramatic bullshit onto me.

I don't fully get why that opinion bothers you so much, or why you're reading into it. but the fact that every single retort to one mine has involved some version of me implying things with the statement I made, that weren't present (in text or in intent), says it all to me.
post #5088 of 5679
(double post)
post #5089 of 5679
This needs to be retitled Shit White People Argue About.
post #5090 of 5679
It's always the same shitty people (generally people who never contribute anything interesting) who jump out of the woodwork to complain any time there's an actual discussion about aesthetics on a discussion community about aesthetics.

If you don't want to talk, go on Tumblr or something. Or use "Recent Images in This Thread" on the upper-right, there.

This was never a Pictures Only thread, so stop acting like it.
post #5091 of 5679
Where is this interesting discussion you speak of?
post #5092 of 5679
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

Where is this interesting discussion you speak of?

I never said this discussion in particular was interesting, but neither are any of the shitty jokes or snarky comments you've posted in the past three years.

Any possibility of interesting discussion ever developing is consistently cut short by idiots like you.
post #5093 of 5679
damn i was not expecting who to go in on superego like that, but it was glorious
post #5094 of 5679
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

I never said this discussion in particular was interesting, but neither are any of the shitty jokes or snarky comments you've posted in the past three years.

Any possibility of interesting discussion ever developing is consistently cut short by idiots like you.


Would you say that maybe this attitude is itself a road block to discussion?
post #5095 of 5679
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

I never said this discussion in particular was interesting, but neither are any of the shitty jokes or snarky comments you've posted in the past three years.

Any possibility of interesting discussion ever developing is consistently cut short by idiots like you.

dude, shitty jokes and snarky comments are exactly what my comment got...who's acting like they're beyond reproach here?

and then a host of people jumping up and down on the sidelines like this:



attempting to redirect the conversation in a constructive direction though: maybe the lesson learned here is simply to avoid blank critical comments (ie, statements akin to 'I don't like that fit'), namely comments not specifically intended to bring about constructive dialogue. I genuinely didn't post with interest in or expectation of further discussion, nor to simply stir up the pot. kinda just through my thoughts out there.

part of the difficulty with my comment seemed to be that it was a blank canvas upon which anyone could simply apply their heroic aesthetic and romantic ideals about my 'implied' meaning.
post #5096 of 5679

*


post #5097 of 5679






post #5098 of 5679
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

attempting to redirect the conversation in a constructive direction though: maybe the lesson learned here is simply to avoid blank critical comments (ie, statements akin to 'I don't like that fit'), namely comments not specifically intended to bring about constructive dialogue. I genuinely didn't post with interest in or expectation of further discussion, nor to simply stir up the pot. kinda just through my thoughts out there.

part of the difficulty with my comment seemed to be that it was a blank canvas upon which anyone could simply apply their heroic aesthetic and romantic ideals about my 'implied' meaning.

Dude you still don't get it. No one gives a single shit about a statement that amounts to no more than "like/dislike." This is what you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

umm, but the outfits are hiding the girl...

Maybe you don't have a halfway-sophisticated understanding of the English language, maybe you're 15-years old—who fucking cares. But there's a difference between the following statements: 1) "I don't like that," 2) "I don't like that because it covers up that random internet girl's body," and 3) "umm, but the outfits are hiding the girl..."

The first two are pretty innocuous: you're allowed to say you don't like something and go no further, and no one's going to stop you from indicating that you prefer an alternative to what was posted. But the last statement suggests that outfits that "hide" a woman's body suck or something. No one's forcing you to enjoy that, and no one's forcing you to say something you don't believe. But you didn't just post a "blank critical comment," and no one is mad at you for taking up space with useless filler. It's not your opinion that sucks (although, well, maybe you do have bad taste; that's another conversation). You just happened to express your opinion in a dickish universalist way that suggested for example that women who wear burqas, robes, sarouel pants, or whatever flowy fabric are "hiding their body"—as if that's an inherently bad thing.

Your comment wasn't a blank statement, it was a dickish statement.

Oh, not to mention the casually homophobic remark you made to koy about liking girls. Maybe you're not aware of this fact, but it's not written anywhere that this is strictly a circle jerk thread for straight dudes. Do better for fuck's sake.
post #5099 of 5679
fuuma can you please keep posting pictures of beautiful ladies to help avoid a war in the thread
post #5100 of 5679
I got the same impression, let's just admit and move on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?