or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How would you like a girl to dress? - Page 339

post #5071 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post


no, it doesn't...but feel free to continue arguing something entirely rooted in the subjective though

 

enjoy your middling taste

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

edit: let me elaborate here, because this is bugging me. You post pics of girls in blazer/jeans/heels mode. That's cool, not my thing, you're entitled to your opinion. But then you turn around and discount a whole other aesthetic just because it does not fit your narrow-minded criteria of sexiness and femininity. Then you criticize people for calling you out on what is at least to me some narrow-minded, dismissive, ignorant shit. Total blind reactionary hypocrisy.  Like... come on dude. That's sad. Expand your horizons a little, you have absolutely nothing to lose and so much to gain.

 

There, this year's internet rant done. back to girls n clothes


Edited by spacepope - 8/31/13 at 4:11pm
post #5072 of 5581
I'm starting to think a better title for this thread might be "How I would dress if I were a woman". In some cases it seems like you guys are posting photos of the female equivalent of what you like to wear.
post #5073 of 5581

Also the idea that a woman must dress to be sexy or feminine or attractive or whatever is disturbing in and of itself.

 

ok I'm done I swear

 

 

 

 

 

post #5074 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

I'm starting to think a better title for this thread might be "How I would dress if I were a woman". In some cases it seems like you guys are posting photos of the female equivalent of what you like to wear.

isn't this only natural ? if you have an interest in something , wouldn't it make sense to be drawn to others who have similar interests ?
post #5075 of 5581
anyway, rustic, layered raw fabrics, colorful or contrasting, think vlaas, ph, dries, marvie, etc. yes i'm anachronistic peasantry :-)



post #5076 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepope View Post

enjoy your middling taste



















edit: let me elaborate here, because this is bugging me. You post pics of girls in blazer/jeans/heels mode. That's cool, not my thing, you're entitled to your opinion. But then you turn around and discount a whole other aesthetic just because it does not fit your narrow-minded criteria of sexiness and femininity. Then you criticize people for calling you out on what is at least to me some narrow-minded, dismissive, ignorant shit. Total blind reactionary hypocrisy.  Like... come on dude. That's sad. Expand your horizons a little, you have absolutely nothing to lose and so much to gain.

There, this year's internet rant done. back to girls n clothes

'discount a whole other aesthetic'? little bit of us versus them thinking? I made a statement, that the women were entirely draped in fabric, not that the entire aesthetic was shit (which for the record, I don't even believe). also, to be clear, as I and now you have alluded to, this is ENTIRELY subjective, as if the word 'like' in the thread description didn't make this obvious. I'm still not sure why this argument developed at all when that's the case.

more often than not, when I see stuff on SF that looks ridiculous, I just bite my tongue under the guise of differing opinions. that's fine and I'm completely OK with anyone liking different stuff than me. I also see a lot of stuff that while totally not for me, I find genuinely interesting in some way and can respect--that's why I come back here.

the thing that pisses me off though, but frankly doesn't entirely surprise me, is that when I make a comment, rather than attempting to challenge my argument or genuinely discuss, I often get some ridiculous attempt at condescension (most recently 'middling taste' from you and KOYs comment about criticizing 'good' pics after posting my 'bad' ones). you don't need to like what I like, but I'm not entirely clear why my differing opinion would bother you to such an extent that you feel the need to try to shit on me. it's a juvenile, unnecessary, and completely begets the narrow-mindedness you claim to hate.
post #5077 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

the thing that pisses me off though, but frankly doesn't entirely surprise me, is that when I make a comment, rather than attempting to challenge my argument or genuinely discuss, I often get some ridiculous attempt at condescension (most recently 'middling taste' from you and KOYs comment about criticizing 'good' pics after posting my 'bad' ones). .

It would help if you didn't act like "subjective" means "beyond reproach"
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

dark hair, 5-10, heels (no pumps, think manolo), skinny denim, blazer optional

Look! It's you making this about bodies! That thing you said you didn't do!
post #5078 of 5581
this thread is a never-ending deja vu.
post #5079 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

I made a statement, that the women were entirely draped in fabric

And what we're getting at is – why is this a problem? What do you mean when you point this out?
post #5080 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS007 View Post

this thread is a never-ending deja vu.

sf gets territorial when it comes to its fictitious e-women
post #5081 of 5581
arrrrhghghghghg, your taste isn't subjective because it implies you're a subject and you aren't; you're merely a vessel through which a dominant cultural view speaks, which is why this shit happens every few pages and plays exactly the same way.

Codie is not amused.



She might even cry

post #5082 of 5581
I wish people would shut the fuck up and post pictures, if you don't like the once posted ignore them.


Fuuma, have you read Intersection (the one with Iggy Azelia a couple pages back).
post #5083 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I wish people would shut the fuck up and post pictures, if you don't like the once posted ignore them.


Fuuma, have you read Intersection (the one with Iggy Azelia a couple pages back).

Nope but I think it's sold near my place, can take a look if you want.
post #5084 of 5581
Had a subscribtion years ago, which i canceled when they started the Scandinavian version (which lasted 3 magazines).

I was just curious what you thought of it.
post #5085 of 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

And what we're getting at is – why is this a problem? What do you mean when you point this out?

it's not a problem, I simply commented...not entirely sure why it brought about all the vitriol, really
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?