or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How would you like a girl to dress? - Page 289

post #4321 of 5632
pointless
post #4322 of 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Please change the title of the thread to "what hendrix deems socially acceptable for woman-style", and not "how would you like a girl to dress".

You're right, I would expect a girl to wear flats and some similarly slovenly apparel that lends itself to inelegance and the fashion sense of a juvenile.

I want a woman to dress like an adult; meaning a mature woman that works in the city at a business/business-casual atmosphere, then goes out for fine dining and drinks in the evening. A dress or pencil skirt with heels is the standard here, as would be a jacket and fine leather shoes for a man.


Beyond that, it's a matter of personal preference, and I "would like a girl to dress" in things I find attractive; I don't find that closed-minded, just honest.

You need to get off your high horse and shut the fuck up with your "stop-liking-what-I-don't-like" condescending diatribe.

oh my god this post literally made me sterile
post #4323 of 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

I want a woman to dress like an adult; meaning a mature woman that works in the city at a business/business-casual atmosphere, then goes out for fine dining and drinks in the evening. A dress or pencil skirt with heels is the standard here, as would be a jacket and fine leather shoes for a man.

This is cute. You're cute. I want to date you.
post #4324 of 5632



post #4325 of 5632
Make sipang a mod for this thread already with the ability to delete posts. devil.gif
post #4326 of 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

I looked back through pages 15-20 of this thread and I really don't understand where some of you come off thinking you get to dictate the content of this thread. There's a ton of junk throughout this thread (for all tastes) dont get why it suddenly has gone downhill and/or doesn't fit the SW&D mold (provided a thread on RL Rugby is on the first page).
Like in all threads (really all of them) you're going to come across things you don't agree with. Of course you can criticize them but it really bugs me when people start trying to dictate the direction of a thread because it doesn't fit their view of what it should be (when it has been what it is all along). Especially a long running one and by posters that didn't even start it.
Now on to the chick in the formal wear thingy, of course it's not classic (and I'm surprised people are flipping out about it here) but it was worn to silly dinner party (thrown at a friend's house) and I found it amusing.
Some of you folks need to lighten up. You're taking the fun out of the thread.

^ this.

I cant believe you guys want to fight again over this crap ( are you bored, brad? ). You created another thread for the exclusive taste of the "SWD regulars" and now this thread must be moved, because mainly non-regulars post here... seriously? Maybe you should shit up the alden, trickers, RL, etc thread already, because I haven t seen many regulars contributing in there lately.

What do you wanna achieve by moving this or moderating pics posted in here? You want this forum to become another SZ? You are also ignoring that Sipang and I regularly post non-prep in here. If every whining comment would be replaced by an actual contribution the ratio would be much different.

AFL, the Gaze thread is not sexist, its actually pretty nice. The reason it was made is sexist in a sense.

Hendrix, please don t let him drag you down to his moronic level. You made your point clear enough, people should learn to read.
Edited by MS007 - 11/30/12 at 11:13am
post #4327 of 5632




post #4328 of 5632
Everything has been said but I'm bored


Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

the wholesale rejection of anything not explicitly goth-inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post

because you are essentially saying, "you should like our dark and edgy stuff or you are stupid".

That's bullshit , most of the pics posted in here --mines included-- are not even remotely goth-inspired.... It's really not a matter of conforming to an SW&D aesthetic, whatever that might be, it's a simple matter of context awareness. it's a matter of showing even a remote interest in women's fashion beyond the lowest common denominator (generic dress + heels stuff /jcrew/...), not because that stuff can't look good or is too affordable (seriously ?) but because it's has no relevance in this thread on a fashion forum. It's the kind of outfits we see everywhere all the fucking time so it's understandable that people don't want to look at that kind of stuff again in here, it's just visual noise (some of the outfits posted lately are really vile though).

And please, stop invoking the title of the thread and the first 20 or so pages as justification. This thread and SW&D in general are widely different from what they were three years ago.



I got no problems with Louis XIV's last two posts.



I would be an awesome mod, you know it.
post #4329 of 5632






post #4330 of 5632

1000

 

This pretty much sums it up. Luckily, I'd never lose my composure around somebody who dresses like this should I meet them, since nobody does. Especially not where I'm from.

post #4331 of 5632
Sipang, please keep me updated on which pictures of women's clothing you do or do not *have a problem with*...
post #4332 of 5632

Will not spoil pics :)


Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #4333 of 5632
Love this collar
post #4334 of 5632


post #4335 of 5632


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?