or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How would you like a girl to dress? - Page 274

post #4096 of 5475

Not a fan of leggings as much.  Jeans that fit well are nice.  Depends on the shape of the girl really... If she's twiggy and her legs look like french fries, then almost anything will look good.

 

Just my 2 cents.

post #4097 of 5475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post


Please explain. Do you somehow know better than others how they would like a girl to dress?

No, just, in my opinion (because that's what this thread is about isn't it?) this thread used to be brilliant and is now full of boringly dressed girls in barbour and jcrew and pervs commenting on what they would like to do to said girls, which is pretty gross, in my opinion.

never in that post did I say I ~knew better than anyone else~ I was just stating my opinion. Or am i not allowed to do that now?

post #4098 of 5475
Quote:
Originally Posted by slstr View Post

No, just, in my opinion (because that's what this thread is about isn't it?) this thread used to be brilliant and is now full of boringly dressed girls in barbour and jcrew and pervs commenting on what they would like to do to said girls, which is pretty gross, in my opinion.
never in that post did I say I ~knew better than anyone else~ I was just stating my opinion. Or am i not allowed to do that now?

I am sure there opinion threads on SF....
Pls use search or...........

POST FLICKS!!!!!
post #4099 of 5475

what...

post #4100 of 5475
Quote:
Originally Posted by slstr View Post

what...

POST FLICKS OF CHICKS DRESSED HOW YOU LIKE OR STFU!!!
post #4101 of 5475

confused.gif

post #4102 of 5475
I hate when people enter threads just to cry about how good they have been, could be, etc. Crying about it wont change that. Its also not the "post pics of girls you like thread", so ter1413 gtfo.

The funny thing is, that this thread attracted the "pervs" from the beginning, yet you act as if it is some phenomenon of the last few pages. When people first became butthurt about these comments, I checked the first pages and lo and behold,

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post

I don't care that much, stylewise. The sluttier, the better, as long as they're fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

Why does styleforum like boobless and assless women?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post


Quote:


Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post









and so on. If you want to change that, post good fits or explain why others are bad (again gtfo ter1413) or thumb up what you like. Or you can still start a new thread musicboohoo[1].gif.
post #4103 of 5475
post #4104 of 5475


a fashion blogger - great style
Edited by Sebastian_Flyte - 10/6/12 at 4:41pm
post #4105 of 5475
that fit doesn't make sense to me. bare legs and a thick woolen coat?
post #4106 of 5475
Since when did style make sense?

Especially for women's fashion. Things focus more upon aesthetics rather than utility.
post #4107 of 5475
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromecd View Post

Since when did style make sense?
Especially for women's fashion. Things focus more upon aesthetics rather than utility.

Well, it doesn't have to make sense, but to me the beauty of fashion is that it has context.

That to me just looks like she's picked stuff in her wardrobe that fits a colour palette without regard to the actual function of the item. I can't see a context and that spoils it.

EDIT: actually, you know what? It does have to make sense. It's clothes. Good fashion does make sense.
Edited by hendrix - 10/6/12 at 9:03pm
post #4108 of 5475
I've never once seen a woman in my city wearing an *omg boring waxed jacket* over a brightly-colored flannel...

I see plenty of self-consciously DARK! women in gray and black.


For the health of this thread, please post both teacha.gif
Edited by noob - 10/6/12 at 9:21pm
post #4109 of 5475
Quote:
Originally Posted by slstr View Post

No, just, in my opinion (because that's what this thread is about isn't it?) this thread used to be brilliant and is now full of boringly dressed girls in barbour and jcrew and pervs commenting on what they would like to do to said girls, which is pretty gross, in my opinion.
never in that post did I say I ~knew better than anyone else~ I was just stating my opinion. Or am i not allowed to do that now?

Apologies if I have offended you. The point I was trying to get at is when you say things like "God damn this thread has really gone downhill", it comes from a place where it appears you believe you in fact, do know better than everyone else. The thread has gone down hill and you are in a position to judge this. You are more than welcome to give you opinion, but it would probably be taken to better effect were you to word it differently, or as many others have done, post pictures of simply how you would like women to dress. It appears hypocritical when you condemn the opinions of others, then become upset when they do the same to you. If you would prefer a thread that takes into account the concept of "male gaze", there is a thread for this.
post #4110 of 5475
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Well, it doesn't have to make sense, but to me the beauty of fashion is that it has context.
That to me just looks like she's picked stuff in her wardrobe that fits a colour palette without regard to the actual function of the item. I can't see a context and that spoils it.
EDIT: actually, you know what? It does have to make sense. It's clothes. Good fashion does make sense.

I'm sure we all value the aesthetic value of clothes and that's why we're on this forum in the first place. There is reason to believe that for the aesthetics some of us are going for, it imposes some limitations on the pieces that we can wear due to reasons such as latitude. For example i can't wear a leather where i am because where i live it's hot year round. But i see some people around here doing it even though it's hot as hell. In this case they're choosing to sacrifice comfort for the sake of aesthetics and i guess it's just freedom of choice. I'm sure there are clothes that look good and have both style and function, but they may not suit our aesthetics and that's where the dissonance comes in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?