or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How would you like a girl to dress? - Page 244

post #3646 of 5667
After this post I give up since I actually have something to do

I have not seen snow since I was 11, but as far as that pic, I wouldn't mind a girl dressing like that but when I see this>> I'd say thats a cool look but I would not want a girl dressing like this

490

The whole point of this lost argument is I am guessing that thinking it's cool and conceptual doesn't really equate to what you want a girl dressing like i.e., have your girl dressed like that on a night out like Ive said (I am aware it doesn't have to be). The End
post #3647 of 5667

Some of (a lot of) the designs in this thread I find to simply be uninteresing and unpleasant -- and whether the model is male or female is almost immaterial.  I don't really get Anne or Dries for women or men -- most of the stuff SoCal wore, for instance, made me like ffffuuuu.gif.
 

post #3648 of 5667
I DON'T WANT PICS OF NORMALLY CLOTHED WOMEN, I SEE THEM EVERYDAY EVERYWHERE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT REAL LIFE THIS IS THE INTERNET GIVE ME MY AUGMENTED REALITY GIVE ME THE CONCEPTUAL ADN TEH CRAZY

I PAID FOR IT !



Spéciale dédicace to the buddy Regis*


482






* no hate to Regis, I can stomach summer dresses fine
post #3649 of 5667
I'm not sure what reposting those pictures is supposed to say

edit - that was for Lane, I didn't refresh and see the other replies
post #3650 of 5667
That dedication will haunt my dreams
post #3651 of 5667
post #3652 of 5667

is there an SF SW&D equivalent or similar forum for women? I know I've run into places like that before, just can't think of any at the moment

post #3653 of 5667
The Ma Ke stuff is incredible. [! concept]Archeological clothing. [/! concept]






Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

I'd say thats a cool look but I would not want a girl dressing like this

The whole point of this lost argument is I am guessing that thinking it's cool and conceptual doesn't really equate to what you want a girl dressing like i.e., have your girl dressed like that on a night out like Ive said (I am aware it doesn't have to be). The End


Fair enough. I think one of the main problem we keep running into in this thread is that there's a slight disconnect between the title and what the thread originally was and what it has evolved into. When I post a pic I don't ask myself if I'd like my girl to wear that outfit on a night out, I post it because it's an outfit/look that I find appealing for such and such reason and that's it.

I'm sure some of the stuff like the Bless and Wen pics above seem preposterous to some and I wouldn't pick that over something more boring ten out of ten times in real life but you gotta keep in mind the context of this thread on a fashion forum and how awful and mind-numbing an endless succession of evenning dresses/wathever/lookbook.nu pics would be
post #3654 of 5667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post

Some of (a lot of) the designs in this thread I find to simply be uninteresing and unpleasant --

Agreed. Though this thread can not please any and everyone.
post #3655 of 5667
Regis I doubt nobody would care if you hadn't accompanied your pictures with
Quote:
Ive always looked in this thread and thought....that just some crazy conceptual shit that covers up a woman's body as much as possible....that can't possibly be what you would like a girl to dress like

You can't possibly expect people to respect your taste when you say stuff like that. I think there's room for different viewpoints in this thread, but not if you're going to get smarmy about everyone like "conceptual" stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post

i dont get it, the whole point of clothing is to accentuate our bodies. Looking a certain way is also about making good parts of our body stand out and negative parts to not be as apparent. This doesn't mean women shouldn't wear flowey drapey shit, cuz that can be as good as some tight outfit that shows curves, but I do agree with regis that some not all of the fits posted here kinda venture into women wearing mens clothes at times.

Your posts are making less and less sense lately. If the primary purpose of clothing is to accentuate what's good about our bodies I'd say you are failing pretty hard at it.
post #3656 of 5667
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

The Ma Ke stuff is incredible. [! concept]Archeological clothing. [/! concept]
Fair enough. I think one of the main problem we keep running into in this thread is that there's a slight disconnect between the title and what the thread originally was and what it has evolved into. When I post a pic I don't ask myself if I'd like my girl to wear that outfit on a night out, I post it because it's an outfit/look that I find appealing for such and such reason and that's it.
I'm sure some of the stuff like the Bless and Wen pics above seem preposterous to some and I wouldn't pick that over something more boring ten out of ten times in real life but you gotta keep in mind the context of this thread on a fashion forum and how awful and mind-numbing an endless succession of evenning dresses/wathever/lookbook.nu pics would be

fair enough, guess its better than dudes posting pics cuz of the girls big tits or something.
post #3657 of 5667
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

After this post I give up since I actually have something to do
I have not seen snow since I was 11, but as far as that pic, I wouldn't mind a girl dressing like that but when I see this>> I'd say thats a cool look but I would not want a girl dressing like this
490
The whole point of this lost argument is I am guessing that thinking it's cool and conceptual doesn't really equate to what you want a girl dressing like i.e., have your girl dressed like that on a night out like Ive said (I am aware it doesn't have to be). The End

You haven't seen snow since you were 11? damn! want to trade lives biggrin.gif I've seen it for half my life.
post #3658 of 5667
Posting clothing photographed on mannequins would take even more objectification out of the equation.
post #3659 of 5667
1587453
post #3660 of 5667
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

After this post I give up since I actually have something to do
I have not seen snow since I was 11, but as far as that pic, I wouldn't mind a girl dressing like that but when I see this>> I'd say thats a cool look but I would not want a girl dressing like this
490
The whole point of this lost argument is I am guessing that thinking it's cool and conceptual doesn't really equate to what you want a girl dressing like i.e., have your girl dressed like that on a night out like Ive said (I am aware it doesn't have to be). The End

You haven't seen snow since you were 11? damn! want to trade lives biggrin.gif I've seen it for half my life.

Nahhhhhh, I am planning on dying in the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean my friend, I do miss a white Christmas though


Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

Regis I doubt nobody would care if you hadn't accompanied your pictures with
Quote:
Ive always looked in this thread and thought....that just some crazy conceptual shit that covers up a woman's body as much as possible....that can't possibly be what you would like a girl to dress like

You can't possibly expect people to respect your taste when you say stuff like that. I think there's room for different viewpoints in this thread, but not if you're going to get smarmy about everyone like "conceptual" stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post

i dont get it, the whole point of clothing is to accentuate our bodies. Looking a certain way is also about making good parts of our body stand out and negative parts to not be as apparent. This doesn't mean women shouldn't wear flowey drapey shit, cuz that can be as good as some tight outfit that shows curves, but I do agree with regis that some not all of the fits posted here kinda venture into women wearing mens clothes at times.

Your posts are making less and less sense lately. If the primary purpose of clothing is to accentuate what's good about our bodies I'd say you are failing pretty hard at it.

Admittedly I could of been nicer in that first comment, but I was very nice the rest of the discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How would you like a girl to dress?