Agree on the appropriate dress code for the occasion luckily all of the weddings I've been to/or invited in required suits.
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on Yesterday at 11:53 am in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding planning update: Please help me convince my fiancee that my groomsmen do not have to be... Last post on 12/4/12 at 5:02pm in Classic Menswear
- what tie to wear with a light grey suit? Last post on 10/8/12 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- Very thin pinstripe suit for a wedding or dinner? Last post on 8/31/12 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Help! I need a suit for a wedding!Last edited: 7/12/15
- Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and why you should try to...Last edited: 7/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Do you have to wear a suit to a wedding? - Page 4post #46 of 535/30/12 at 2:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 535/30/12 at 2:31pmpost #48 of 535/30/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
It helps to know if you are a male bride??post #49 of 535/31/12 at 5:18pmpost #50 of 536/1/12 at 1:52pmpost #51 of 536/1/12 at 2:42pm
I have a couple weddings this summer and I'll be wearing something similar to the blue blazer with white pants that was posted above (but most probably in linen). As long as it's not a very formal wedding and no dress code is specified I don't see what's wrong. Most people can't tell the difference between a suit and a sport coat/blazer anyways. And if your SC fits properly you'll probably look better than the uniformed mass of ill-fitting suits...post #52 of 536/1/12 at 5:34pm
- Do you have to wear a suit to a wedding?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 seconds ago
- › Luigi Borrelli Main Line Heavy Charcoal Flannel Suit 44 R/L 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › spanish shoe brands 5 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...