Agree on the appropriate dress code for the occasion luckily all of the weddings I've been to/or invited in required suits.
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding planning update: Please help me convince my fiancee that my groomsmen do not have to be... Last post on 12/4/12 at 5:02pm in Classic Menswear
- what tie to wear with a light grey suit? Last post on 10/8/12 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- Very thin pinstripe suit for a wedding or dinner? Last post on 8/31/12 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Help! I need a suit for a wedding!Last edited: 7/12/15
- Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and why you should try to...Last edited: 7/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Do you have to wear a suit to a wedding? - Page 4post #46 of 535/30/12 at 2:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 535/30/12 at 2:31pmpost #48 of 535/30/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
It helps to know if you are a male bride??post #49 of 535/31/12 at 5:18pmpost #50 of 536/1/12 at 1:52pmpost #51 of 536/1/12 at 2:42pm
I have a couple weddings this summer and I'll be wearing something similar to the blue blazer with white pants that was posted above (but most probably in linen). As long as it's not a very formal wedding and no dress code is specified I don't see what's wrong. Most people can't tell the difference between a suit and a sport coat/blazer anyways. And if your SC fits properly you'll probably look better than the uniformed mass of ill-fitting suits...post #52 of 536/1/12 at 5:34pm
- Do you have to wear a suit to a wedding?
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...