or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Chan - Page 46

post #676 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

I asked Patrick about the pants, and he said he couldn't take them in that much without sacrificing comfort. Also, I think they drape more nicely when my legs are closer together.

I agree with Patrick, if you need deep double forwards pleats style with comfort, you have to accept it.

Have you try single forward pleat ?
post #677 of 707
He said it has to do with my large hips. I haven't tried single pleat.
post #678 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

I asked Patrick about the pants, and he said he couldn't take them in that much without sacrificing comfort. Also, I think they drape more nicely when my legs are closer together.

I will have to disagreed with Patrick on this one, a well fitting pants should be very comfortable. Your waist and seat does look too big, also some bunching on the back nears to be clean up.
post #679 of 707
Look at the basted fitting shot


Edited by Limniscate - 7/1/14 at 6:35pm
post #680 of 707
You may want to post this in the The Tailor's Thread and ask Despos for his opinion
post #681 of 707
Patrick did enlarge the seat area from the basted fitting.
post #682 of 707
The basted fitting does look a lot better.
post #683 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

The basted fitting does look a lot better.

+1
post #684 of 707
Isn't it just a matter of pulling up your pants? Would trust Patrick's views based on actual observations of the pants vs. views based on pics.
post #685 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Isn't it just a matter of pulling up your pants? Would trust Patrick's views based on actual observations of the pants vs. views based on pics.

At my meeting on the 26th, he actually adjusted the braces to where he thought they should be. The basted fitting pic doesn't have braces attached. The other pics have the braces adjusted to various lengths by myself. I'll try to post a pic with the braces set by him and will adjust my stance where my legs are closer together like the basted fitting pic. I want to get to the bottom of this!
post #686 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Car View Post

A nice fit bespoke pants does not need to pull ?????

Certainly true, but pictures - and picture poses - can give a distorted fit impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

At my meeting on the 26th, he actually adjusted the braces to where he thought they should be. The basted fitting pic doesn't have braces attached. The other pics have the braces adjusted to various lengths by myself. I'll try to post a pic with the braces set by him and will adjust my stance where my legs are closer together like the basted fitting pic. I want to get to the bottom of this!

That makes sense...
post #687 of 707
My first suit and shirt from Chan. This wasn't as spectacular as others I've seen posted in this thread, but I'm not sure how to make it look better. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is this fixable with alterations or should I start over? Am I just being overly critical?
















post #688 of 707
Wash the shirt a couple of times and then assess the fit.

I think the way you are standing makes the pants look off. The jacket could be taken in more in the waist.
post #689 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

He said it has to do with my large hips. I haven't tried single pleat.
I agree with TheTucker that Patrick's judgment is more trustworthy than pictures. FWIW, i have relatively wide hips and prominent seat, and I prefer single pleats. You could also try a single pleat and a small dart (on each side, replacing the pleats near the pockets) instead of double pleats. Patrick's own pants have a single dart on each side, iirc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieMyShoe View Post

My first suit and shirt from Chan. This wasn't as spectacular as others I've seen posted in this thread, but I'm not sure how to make it look better. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is this fixable with alterations or should I start over? Am I just being overly critical? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)















]
Did you have fittings in HK or just the initial measurements and the finished garment sent? You might widen the thighs of the pants and increase the rise a little bit.
post #690 of 707
Has anyone received their order from Patrick's spring LA visit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan