or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Chan - Page 3

post #31 of 707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
We need a similar thread about Kent Wang accessories. It can be entitled 'show us your wang'.

Something tells me it would become NSFW after about three posts.
post #32 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Something tells me it would become NSFW after about three posts.

Not So Fine Wang ?
post #33 of 707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Not So Fine Wang ?

Nefarious San Francisco Wankers
post #34 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by yace View Post
really like the first and third one. which book are they from? thanks.

First is Holland & Sherry (Peacock, I think). Second is a Scabal hopsack. Third is Zegna Cashco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
Parker, the 1st and 2nd one are very nice; nice proportions and appear to fit very well!

Thx, Wes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Parker,How many fittings did you have? Did you have to do any later alterations to the finished product?

No fittings. But, I'd already got my basic pattern down on a couple previous suits. I think I had them shorten the blue blazer. It kinda looks too short now that I see the photo. It's also a little snugger than I prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Nefarious San Francisco Wankers

Watch it, Tex.
post #35 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Looks good VG. I'm looking forward to one of the 'vintage' fabrics soon as well (thanks yfyf).

Here's a few of my Chans. I'll have to dig up some of the others.
- without a doubt Parker & yfyf are my favorite Chan FITS (only because it is the style I wish)..
- unfortunately I have not had a perfect strike rate - my shoulders are not fit for Chan..
post #36 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
- without a doubt Parker & yfyf are my favorite Chan FITS (only because it is the style I wish)..
- unfortunately I have not had a perfect strike rate - my shoulders are not fit for Chan..

Yoyo and Beach Boy get nice Chan.

Honestly, I don't think it is the shoulder on yours...it's the collar. You can't shoulder pad your way out of your natural physique. IRL, you're in motion anyway and your lines will not have straight edge references as is inevitable in rectangular-framed photo land.

- B
post #37 of 707
While VG has good looking Chan's, I too have been impressed by the fit of Parker's.
PG - you look great in your Chan's. I'm not sure what dissatisfaction you may have with the fit.
I think my jackets are much better, but I can't seem to nail the fit on the pants. Might look decent in pictures, but IRL, not that great.
post #38 of 707
my one and only and hopefully not last Chan -- can't seem to get a pic that justifies how nice it is... oh well.
post #39 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmb View Post
my one and only and hopefully not last Chan -- can't seem to get a pic that justifies how nice it is... oh well.

Wow, I like that fabric. I wouldn't mind having a jacket just like that.
post #40 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post
Wow, I like that fabric. I wouldn't mind having a jacket just like that.

Clicky clicky http://www.flickr.com/photos/british...7619510556681/
post #41 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post

you are correct sir! it is nice...
post #42 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post
These are questions best asked of Chan directly. However, they could accommodate you within a fortnight stay very easily but try to make sure Patrick is there during your visit. Alternatively, they make visits to the US quite a bit, so you might want to consider that, although the waiting will be much longer than going to HKG yourself.

Hi. I'm new to this forum and decided to jump in because it caught my interest as I will be going to Hongkong in August and have decided to commission Chan for several business suits. My question, and please pardon my ignorance, who is Patrick? Is he the head cutter of Chan's? If Patrick is unavailable during my visit, is there any other cutter that I should look for and make an appointment with prior to my visit?

Thanks.
post #43 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaibigansaCgo View Post
Hi. I'm new to this forum and decided to jump in because it caught my interest as I will be going to Hongkong in August and have decided to commission Chan for several business suits. My question, and please pardon my ignorance, who is Patrick? Is he the head cutter of Chan's? If Patrick is unavailable during my visit, is there any other cutter that I should look for and make an appointment with prior to my visit?

Thanks.

Patrick Chu is the head cutter and general manager (I believe) at Chan. He will be back from his U.S. tour by August. I am sure they have other personnel that can competently handle these matters in his absence. Perhaps those with familiarity with Chan's HK operations can advise you on this.

It's probably imprudent to commission several suits with Chan (or any other bespoke tailor, for that matter) on your first try. I'd limit your acquistions to one suit. Once Patrick has had a chance to see the completed effort and tweak your pattern, subsequent efforts will be appreciably more satisfactory. Of course, this may be less of an issue since you are going to be in HK and can get multiple fittings with each garment.
post #44 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post
Patrick Chu is the head cutter and general manager (I believe) at Chan. He will be back from his U.S. tour by August. I am sure they have other personnel that can competently handle these matters in his absence. Perhaps those with familiarity with Chan's HK operations can advise you on this.

It's probably imprudent to commission several suits with Chan (or any other bespoke tailor, for that matter) on your first try. I'd limit your acquistions to one suit. Once Patrick has had a chance to see the completed effort and tweak your pattern, subsequent efforts will be appreciably more satisfactory. Of course, this may be less of an issue since you are going to be in HK and can get multiple fittings with each garment.

Thanks, JLibourel.

Actually, I was thinking more of 2 or 3 garments at most for my first order. I will be spending 3 weeks in HK for this particular trip.

Regards.
post #45 of 707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaibigansaCgo View Post
Actually, I was thinking more of 2 or 3 garments at most for my first order. I will be spending 3 weeks in HK for this particular trip.
I don't know the particulars of Chan's Hong Kong operations, but you may be able to make that happen, having them complete the first garment during the first part of your trip and completing the subsequent garments once you're satisfied with the first.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan