or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Chan - Page 14

post #196 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
You and I and everyone else on this thread know that one of the big reasons why people go to WW Chan is because of the (low) price. A 10-20% per annum price increase that is not accompanied by any increase in quality, if continued at this rate, will hurt them more over the long run than it will help them.
- but WW Chan has had annual price increases for a while now & on average 10% - & SF is a very small portion of their business
post #197 of 628
Are there even alternatives? I envy those members who were able to get Chan suits for under $1000 back in the day, but even with the price increase, my understanding is that they're still a huge bargain.
post #198 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
- but WW Chan has had annual price increases for a while now & on average 10%
- & SF is a very small portion of their business
True, and true. Time will tell, I guess.
post #199 of 628
I just ordered a suit from Chan in Shanghai in Navy/Navy Seersucker. Unlined. They charged me 6,200 RMB, which is a little more than 900 USD.

Fair price, I think. We'll see how it turns out.
post #200 of 628
Are prices cheaper when you order in Shanghai instead of getting fitted on one of their tours?
post #201 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingred View Post
Are prices cheaper when you order in Shanghai instead of getting fitted on one of their tours?
- cloth dependant
post #202 of 628
I've emailed them twice about their tour to Houston but have yet to receive a response...
post #203 of 628
I think that we all should have our companies use Chan price increases as the benchmark for our raises and/or cost of living adjustments.
post #204 of 628
4chan?
post #205 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by echau View Post
I've emailed them twice about their tour to Houston but have yet to receive a response...

They have their tour schedule itinerary on their website. They are visiting Houston on 3/11/11, 11/23/11 and 3/21/12.
post #206 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion View Post
They have their tour schedule itinerary on their website. They are visiting Houston on 3/11/11, 11/23/11 and 3/21/12.

Yeah I saw that. I was more interested in how it all works and how I would schedule an appointment.
post #207 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingred View Post
Are prices cheaper when you order in Shanghai instead of getting fitted on one of their tours?

Its cheaper if you get fitted in Shanghai or HK. On the tours you would have to pay for shipping both ways to get fitted and its about $200 back and forth.
post #208 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post
Its cheaper if you get fitted in Shanghai or HK. On the tours you would have to pay for shipping both ways to get fitted and its about $200 back and forth.

Don't they just ship the suit to you once, when it's completed? I was hoping to get fitted multiple times, but my understanding is that you just meet with them when they come to your city again.

This of course might be better handled by asking Chan directly.
post #209 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingred View Post
Don't they just ship the suit to you once, when it's completed? I was hoping to get fitted multiple times, but my understanding is that you just meet with them when they come to your city again.

This of course might be better handled by asking Chan directly.

If you want to get fitted on tour- they measure the first time then they mail you the garment in time for their second tour to see what needs tweaking then you mail it back for the adjustments then they mail you the final product. All this shipping is on your own dime.
post #210 of 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post
If you want to get fitted on tour- they measure the first time then they mail you the garment in time for their second tour to see what needs tweaking then you mail it back for the adjustments then they mail you the final product. All this shipping is on your own dime.

Ah thanks for the clarification.

I suppose it makes sense since they can't schlep a bunch of basted suits everywhere. Tacking on another $200 though makes me wonder if I should just wait until I'm in China sometime later this year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan