or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Chan - Page 12

post #166 of 718
What's the schedule of Chan's visit to US? Trip to HK is kind of expensive.
post #167 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor View Post
What's the schedule of Chan's visit to US? Trip to HK is kind of expensive.

http://wwchan.com/itinerary.pdf
post #168 of 718
ty
post #169 of 718
Thread Starter 
Two of my newest commissions:

Semi-formal day wear (vest is Holland & Sherry, trousers are J&J Minnis). The jacket is repurposed from an earlier three-piece Chan made for me.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=25

Three piece mid-gray flannel (J&J Minnis).

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...5&postcount=51
post #170 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Two of my newest commissions:

Semi-formal day wear (vest is Holland & Sherry, trousers are J&J Minnis). The jacket is repurposed from an earlier three-piece Chan made for me.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=25

Three piece mid-gray flannel (J&J Minnis).

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...5&postcount=51

great stuff VG,looks very nice.
post #171 of 718
Whoa! Proper morning coat or not that looks fantastic VG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Two of my newest commissions:

Semi-formal day wear (vest is Holland & Sherry, trousers are J&J Minnis). The jacket is repurposed from an earlier three-piece Chan made for me.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=25

Three piece mid-gray flannel (J&J Minnis).

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...5&postcount=51
post #172 of 718
having watched too much californication lately, I'm thinking of buying a black suit which would allow me to wear the jacket with jeans (cut to a good length and excellent fit to do so) on a budget. I think i'd like to try one from WW Chan, wondered what the price estimate might be for a basic solid in 10 or 11 oz wool? Looks like I missed their visit to DC this year, tho.

Anyone know what this cut is from Chan? Was the shoulder shape a special request?



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...han-style.html
post #173 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Whoa! Proper morning coat or not that looks fantastic VG.

+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
Anyone know what this cut is from Chan?

Not sure what you mean; it looks nice, but not sure it's such a special cut.
post #174 of 718
I guess my question is "does the photo shown depict the house style/ cut?" or were the softer shoulders, etc. done by special request? I've seen Chan suits in this thread (a great looking navy suit) with slightly roped shoulders, as well.
post #175 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
I guess my question is "does the photo shown depict the house style/ cut?" or were the softer shoulders, etc. done by special request? I've seen Chan suits in this thread (a great looking navy suit) with slightly roped shoulders, as well.

You have to specify soft shoulders
post #176 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
having watched too much californication lately, I'm thinking of buying a black suit which would allow me to wear the jacket with jeans (cut to a good length and excellent fit to do so) on a budget.

As elegant as you often are, I'm afraid this is a terrible idea. Without wanting to be too supposedly "groupthinky", black suits don't compare well to any shade of grey or navy. To try and wear the jacket as a sports coat can only end badly.
post #177 of 718
I agree about black -- get navy. Regarding the cut, it looks like (and pictures can be deceiving) this jacket was requested with more closed quarters than Chan usually does. Also the shoulders look like shirt sleeve with no or little padding.
post #178 of 718
Two recent bits an pieces I have recently had made... 10oz Fresco with black MoP buttons: [/url] And a 10oz W.Bill linen number: The colours in these photos seem a little off. The fresco is a dark grey and the Bill is a bright blue.
post #179 of 718
^^ Very nice
post #180 of 718
Now just need to have it pressed, as the package was folded up and did not come out in ready to wear condition..

However, I snapped some shots of the construction details..

As I am new to this level of suit quality, there were some unexpected detailing that had me somewhat impressed. Many of you probably will see no novelty in any of this, but for me, I was pleased with the result and ready for more.

On the first pic, you'll see the button hole on the lapel has a small thread about an inch below it, which I think is meant to secure the stem of a boutineer??

On the second one, there's a small band of elastic gripper material which helps keep everything in place (I have had a suit with this before, but rarely seen it on others)

On the third picture, a small split in the top of the rear of the trousers, not sure the purpose of this, but the way it's done is very nice, and there's some attention to detail in the way it looks to be made.

On the last picture is the hemline on the cuff of the pants. Again, this one is a first for me, but they have an additional strip of fabric, which appears to be made to keep the heel of your shoe from damaging the cuff/pulling at it, as you walk.

Everything looks pretty good.. once it's pressed/unwrinkled I'll post again with it on for some fit critique.
LL
LL
LL
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan