or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Chan - Page 9

post #121 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
^Thank you. The Smiths was done first, with fittings. We made a few changes for the Breanish. Can you be more specific about what you like better on the Breanish? It would be helpful for the future. Anyone else's comments are very welcome too.

I was going to point to your back, arms and right shoulder, but if you think that's because of the difference in posture, then that may explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
As for the stitching on the cotton suit, I asked for a 1/4" inset with a swell. They did the jacket by hand, so the stitches are irregular which is okay with me. The pants, however, are machine sewn and very straight. The breast pocket is rotated at a slight angle which I also asked for. So, I'm to blame if it's wrong.

I am not claiming any particular expertise as CF, but "wrong" seems an incorrect label, however you put it, especially since you asked for it. For what it's worth, I like the stitching and pocket. Not for me, but it looks pretty good.
post #122 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
^Thank you. The Smiths was done first, with fittings. We made a few changes for the Breanish. Can you be more specific about what you like better on the Breanish? It would be helpful for the future. Anyone else's comments are very welcome too.

One thing I think may make a difference is simply how I'm standing w/ the two jackets. I'm pulling my shoulders back while wearing the fresco. The effect is most obvious in the back shot with all the vertical folds, but I think you can see it in the arms on the side shot and the slimmer profile of the front one.

And +1 to all you wrote in response to "why." I meant to write that too, but forgot.

As Parker noted earlier, when the fronts are more open, it looks better for fronts to be cut with a more fluid sweep into the hem from the lapels.
post #123 of 715
^I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
That Breanish looks great empty
Thanks B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonneker View Post
I was going to point to your back, arms and right shoulder, but if you think that's because of the difference in posture, then that may explain it...
Thanks. I think it is.
post #124 of 715
Good stuff M! The Chan looks great on you.
post #125 of 715
^Thanks G. As I thanked you in my blazersuit thread, you were a big help in this!
post #126 of 715
...
post #127 of 715
^I'm not sure. I thought the Smiths was 11.5 and the Breanish was too, but the Breanish seems heavier. It's certainly thicker. But the Smiths is very dense. So they may both indeed be 11.5. Maybe someone else here w/ more knowledge, like T4phage, could chime in. In any case, the Breanish does not seem to be as light as I had expected. It feels a lot like an old Brooks Brothers tweed jacket I have.
post #128 of 715
Breanish feels thick and plush but it's actually not that heavy - 11 or 12 oz I think I find it very warm though
post #129 of 715
Sounds like Breanish is a bit like Moonbeam, but less 'luxe' perhaps.
post #130 of 715
Total Noob here, but found Styleforum in researching my recent trip to HK..

Here's what I have so far - still waiting for my shipment (just got back Monday)

Comments so far - realize that this was the first fitting (didn't snap pics on the second fitting)

Loro Piana fabric - was my first bespoke suit experience - so am anxiously awaiting the finished product.
LL
LL
post #131 of 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcava View Post
Total Noob here, but found Styleforum in researching my recent trip to HK..

Here's what I have so far - still waiting for my shipment (just got back Monday)

Comments so far - realize that this was the first fitting (didn't snap pics on the second fitting)

Loro Piana fabric - was my first bespoke suit experience - so am anxiously awaiting the finished product.

Yes...PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...lose the shoes!
post #132 of 715
Mea Culpa.. almost used the airbrush tool on my feet.
post #133 of 715
Finally got around to posting my Chan damage to date:

Sportcoats:



Suits:



Bonus shot of Chan sportcoat in the wild:

post #134 of 715
^Very nice. I really like the curve of the breast pocket on the sport coat. Could you list all the fabrics, pls? Coldcava, thanks for the pics too. Looks good. Did you meet Patrick Chu?
post #135 of 715
Sure: Sportcoats (Left to Right) - W. Bill 14oz Donegal - Loro Piana 8oz wool/silk/linen blend - Harrisons Glorious Twelfth 12oz - Scabal 8oz "cool wool" Suits: - H&S Tuxedo in 11/12oz Black Barathea - H&S 11/12oz Crispaire - Minnis 8/9oz Fresco - Harrisons Fine Classics 12oz Sharkskin - Minnis 14oz Woolen Flannel (0301) - Harrisons Frontier 10oz Plain Weave Also have a Lesser 13oz herringbone and a couple odd trousers not pictured
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Show us your Chan