or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do cats go to heaven?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do cats go to heaven? - Page 12

post #166 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Hegel used this (with cows, not cats) to describe Shelling's conception of final wisdom.
From a German proverb, then?
post #167 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
From a German proverb, then?

No idea, sorry. Though Hegel does refer to it as "proverbial" he does not say where he got it.
post #168 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Can someone please, please kill that guy? The dude he sprayed with a syringe of his blood had a legitimate right to, and totally wussed out on it. I think maybe death by a bag of angry cats would be appropriate.

I keep waiting for him to finish himself off, but the bastard seems as durable as your average cockroach.
post #169 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I keep waiting for him to finish himself off, but the bastard seems as durable as your average cockroach.
No, cockroaches have healthier complexions.
post #170 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
No idea, sorry. Though Hegel does refer to it as "proverbial" he does not say where he got it.

I take a wild guess and say that this proverb probably predates Egyptian civilization.
post #171 of 263
Thread Starter 
Ah, yes:
post #172 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Can someone please, please kill that guy? The dude he sprayed with a syringe of his blood had a legitimate right to, and totally wussed out on it. I think maybe death by a bag of angry cats would be appropriate.
Nah, pop-star martyrdom is too good for him. I'd rather see him as an aging, pathetic ASBO king.
post #173 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
No, cockroaches have healthier complexions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
Nah, pop-star martyrdom is too good for him. I'd rather see him as an aging, pathetic ASBO king.

Saw a picture of him not long ago and he looks like he could use a wire brush if he ever gets near soap and water. The idea that he would live past 30 simply does not compute. As for the pop-star martyr bit, well, first you've got to have some talent and a following. I'm not seeing it.
post #174 of 263
Thread Starter 
I took Chairman Meow to the vet to be spayed and it turns out that she is actually a he, a male that was neutered very early on. Anyway, he's pretty much the friendliest cat of all time. The vet also suggested that I name the next one Genghis Cat.
post #175 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
I took Chairman Meow to the vet to be spayed and it turns out that she is actually a he, a male that was neutered very early on. Anyway, he's pretty much the friendliest cat of all time.

The vet also suggested that I name the next one Genghis Cat.

Not Chiang Cat-Shek? Or the Pawchen Lama?
post #176 of 263
My gf adopted a cat recently, a turkish angorra and put it in my place. Its bloody evil. There's no way in hell he's going to heaven. His name is Mufasa
post #177 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck View Post
My gf adopted a cat recently, a turkish angorra and put it in my place.

Its bloody evil. There's no way in hell he's going to heaven.

His name is Mufasa

You know I noticed that all those Persian/Angorra furry cats (well those two that I knew) had mental problems. I hate those cats.
Cat should be lean mean bird-catching machine with as short hair as possible.
post #178 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
I have been feeding this stray cat, though I haven't quite adopted her yet.

I have named her Chairman Meow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
I took Chairman Meow to the vet to be spayed and it turns out that she is actually a he, a male that was neutered very early on. Anyway, he's pretty much the friendliest cat of all time.

The vet also suggested that I name the next one Genghis Cat.

Did you finally adopt Chairman Meow? Look at the way he's looking at you, I think you've been adopted already
post #179 of 263
Thread Starter 
Yes, I have adopted him. I even got a name tag for him. On the front it has his name and my phone number and on the reverse, it says "Religion is the catnip of the masses."
post #180 of 263
Chairman Meow is adorable. Are you going to set up a Catster page for him? Don't let him wander into Chinatown with a nametag like that...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do cats go to heaven?