or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do cats go to heaven?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do cats go to heaven? - Page 9

post #121 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman
Yikes. Sounds like something in a Poe story.

Supposedly, they will also jump into the shower with you. This, I really don't need.

Some Siamese cats will also howl for no apparent reason. It sounds like a baby crying and can be very disconcerting if you're not used to it.
post #122 of 263
Dog lover here. It's in my blood to hate cats. But I gotta say, the coat on that Bengal is amazing!
post #123 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ
Supposedly, they will also jump into the shower with you. This, I really don't need.
+1 Although I will never tire of turning the shower on on a cat stupid enough to sneak in the bathtub.

Quote:
Some Siamese cats will also howl for no apparent reason. It sounds like a baby crying and can be very disconcerting if you're not used to it.
The cri du chat?
post #124 of 263
I know that cats in California often go the the stomachs of Coyotes and Racoons.
post #125 of 263
Thread Starter 
Watching kittens fight is one of my favorite pasttimes. It should be broadcast on TV.
post #126 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Dog lover here. It's in my blood to hate cats. But I gotta say, the coat on that Bengal is amazing!

Then you, sir, are my sworn enemy!

I actually love dogs, though I guess if pushed I'd say I prefer cats. I've never understood why people feel like they have to choose.
post #127 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Then you, sir, are my sworn enemy! I actually love dogs, though I guess if pushed I'd say I prefer cats. I've never understood why people feel like they have to choose.
I was trying to think of a reason for my dislike for cats. I know that when I was younger, I would play with my babysitter's cats all the time. Maybe things changed when one of the kittens got it's claw stuck in my eyebrow, and I started to keep my distance. My family has almost always had a dog. I know some dogs get along fine with cats, but mine have always hated them. But then, sporting/gun dogs will generally dislike anything that's small and non-canine - squirrels, cats, birds, even babies. I guess I've just adopted their ways. I've found dogs to be more affectionate, playful and responsive. Most cats seem to be more comfortable off in a corner somewhere, licking their paws, napping or minding their own business. Also, I'm very surprised with the number of cat lovers here. When discussing this with my gf earlier, she said she finds it odd when a single man has a cat. When a couple have a cat, she believes it's usually due to the woman bringing it into the relationship, and not the man. Yeah, I know... holy generalizations Batman. But back to the Bengal cat. It's really interesting the recent (?) development in these "designer" cats... I bet they cost a pretty penny, but it's amazing what a little playing God with cat breeds can do.
post #128 of 263
Thread Starter 
Katzen uber alles!!! Katzen uber alles!!! http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/
post #129 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Watching kittens fight is one of my favorite pasttimes. It should be broadcast on TV.

I recall a film in (middle school?) science class about cats. One particular segment focused on their reflexes: a little kitten is dropped in to a terrarium containing a king cobra....the next scene is the kitten playfully batting the snake, which has exhausted itslef to the point of complete incapacity by repeatedly bashing in to the walls after striking at the kitten and missing (i.e. kitty moving out of the way)....
post #130 of 263
I visited the Largo Argentina here in Rome today. It is a complex of 2000-year-old temples which is now an official cat sanctuary. Just another amazing example of how the ancient Romans built something which is still in use today.
post #131 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
How could this be evil?
The baby of a snake is still a snake. Don't be fooled!
post #132 of 263
Thread Starter 
post #133 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post
I recall a film in (middle school?) science class about cats. One particular segment focused on their reflexes: a little kitten is dropped in to a terrarium containing a king cobra....the next scene is the kitten playfully batting the snake, which has exhausted itslef to the point of complete incapacity by repeatedly bashing in to the walls after striking at the kitten and missing (i.e. kitty moving out of the way)....

What a sick thing to do to a poor kitten! I hope the kitten was removed from the terrarium to a place of safety and spared...if she hadn't already killed the damned snake!

I am a dog man. However, cats can make good, lovable pets. I loathe snakes!
post #134 of 263
Scientists trace cat's ancestry back to Middle East.

Quote:
Unlike other domestic animals, which were tamed by people, cats probably domesticated themselves, which could account for the haughty independence of their descendants. "The cats were adapting themselves to a new environment, so the push for domestication came from the cat side, not the human side," Dr. Driscoll said.

Cats are "indicators of human cultural adolescence," he remarked, since they entered human experience as people were making the difficult transition from hunting and gathering, their way of life for millions of years, to settled communities.
post #135 of 263
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do cats go to heaven?