or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 652

post #9766 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I hear he stopped poasting.



If he ever decides to come back
post #9767 of 13600
i haven't seen him poasting in the GC area; seems like he's still active in the SWD and MC sections.
post #9768 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post



If he ever decides to come back

laugh.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #9769 of 13600
So I received a phone call today from this one dude I went to school with--I haven't heard from him in a good while, and he said he was going through some shit and needed to talk. Met with said dude and OMFG what a train wreck of a man. Dude is on 6-7 different uppers and downers. And I guess as a side effect of all the different medications he also can't sleep and is no longer able to get it up, so he has take sleeping pills and Viagra...dude is fucking 24 years olds, 24 fucking years old! I just don't understand why anyone would need that much shit, apparently he has been taking this many prescribed medications since early in high school. wtf.
post #9770 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

So I received a phone call today from this one dude I went to school with--I haven't heard from him in a good while, and he said he was going through some shit and needed to talk. Met with said dude and OMFG what a train wreck of a man. Dude is on 6-7 different uppers and downers. And I guess as a side effect of all the different medications he also can't sleep and is no longer able to get it up, so he has take sleeping pills and Viagra...dude is fucking 24 years olds, 24 fucking years old! I just don't understand why anyone would need that much shit, apparently he has been taking this many prescribed medications since early in high school. wtf.

I have this sneaking suspicion that kids that have been prescribed behavior altering drugs at young, formative ages - like ritalin for ADD - are going to end up like this. If there is any correlation, we're in for a tidal wave of fscked up friends like yours in the next few years...

That said, sorry about your friends' situation. I am so lucky, blessed actually, that I have no medical issues other than my own [stupid] self inflicted sports related ones.
post #9771 of 13600
my friends who complain about college costs are the ones who still seem to be trying for one extra degree or another.
post #9772 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post


I have this sneaking suspicion that kids that have been prescribed behavior altering drugs at young, formative ages - like ritalin for ADD - are going to end up like this. If there is any correlation, we're in for a tidal wave of fscked up friends like yours in the next few years...

That said, sorry about your friends' situation. I am so lucky, blessed actually, that I have no medical issues other than my own [stupid] self inflicted sports related ones.

 

Who knew giving amphetamine to large swaths of children that were probably normal anyway would turn out poorly?

post #9773 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Who knew giving amphetamine to large swaths of children that were probably normal anyway would turn out poorly?

The pharmaceutical industry?
post #9774 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

The pharmaceutical industry?

I'm sure you have a great bedside manner.
post #9775 of 13600

Why isn't cartograph a word? (verb form of cartography)

post #9776 of 13600
Same reason weathermen don't meteorolog and scientists don't biolog all day. Just not the way language works.
post #9777 of 13600
They should.
post #9778 of 13600
When The Weather Channel issues a fog warning for Manhattan, does anybody, besides maybe a pilot, actually read it and think "oh boy, i better take it easy today"? Seems useless.
post #9779 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

When The Weather Channel issues a fog warning for Manhattan, does anybody, besides maybe a pilot, actually read it and think "oh boy, i better take it easy today"? Seems useless.

Conne does.
post #9780 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Why isn't cartograph a word? (verb form of cartography)

A conspiracy of cartographers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get