or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 630

post #9436 of 12454
I remember crying when Diana died. frown.gif
post #9437 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

The mourning of celebrities.

I register zero emotional impact when some rich guy from a movie kicks the bucket. In fact, if anything, it trends a bit more towards annoyance when it is of their own making.

I generally agree. I did mourn the death of Sean Taylor, but that was more due to the circumstances of his death than his celebrity status. Taylor had turned his life around after some personal problems of his own making, was finally becoming the player and person everyone thought he could be, then had his life taken in the most senseless way imaginable (botched home-invasion robbery).
post #9438 of 12454
I'm an uppers man
post #9439 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Ain't nothing feels better than opiates. If you've got an addictive streak, it's pretty hard to forget that kind of high.

It might feels great but finishing dead with a needle in my arm or whoring myself to just stop being in pain everyday of my life is not appealing to me..

I do understand an addiction is very hard to fight and I just feel sorry to see so many lives, famous or not, being destroyed by opiates..
post #9440 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

It might feels great but finishing dead with a needle in my arm or whoring myself to just stop being in pain everyday of my life is not appealing to me..

I do understand an addiction is very hard to fight and I just feel sorry to see so many lives, famous or not, being destroyed by opiates..

I'm not doing the stuff either, but I understand the appeal. I never did until I was on IV morphine while in the hospital and developed a mental fixation on it for weeks afterwards.
post #9441 of 12454
Mostly it isn't mourning them, it's mourning their work.

We feel sad because these people bring entertainment and happiness to our lives and their deaths are the opposite to that. We dont truly mourn them, any more than we mourn a painting with a rip in it or a broken vase.
post #9442 of 12454
post #9443 of 12454
I have not seen a single black person in Cambodia
post #9444 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have not seen a single black person in Cambodia

I knew it was a racist country..
post #9445 of 12454

People who wear hiking boots with their suits after snow. Is a little bit of wet and salt on your shoes really worth your dignity?

post #9446 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

People who wear hiking boots with their suits after snow. Is a little bit of wet and salt on your shoes really worth your dignity?

Salt is not great for shoes to be fair...

If you have a pair of very expensive shoes, you might want to protect them from burning..

I carry my shoes in a backpack and wear a pair of cheap oxford during the commuting.
post #9447 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

People who wear hiking boots with their suits after snow. Is a little bit of wet and salt on your shoes really worth your dignity?

Wearing winter boots in order to stay dry and avoid slipping is too high a price for your vanity?
post #9448 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post


Wearing winter boots in order to stay dry and avoid slipping is too high a price for your vanity?

 

We're talking about dignity here not vanity. 

post #9449 of 12454
Hiking boots is weird.
If you are going to do it, own it: pull on some real snow boats (think Sorel) that go over the leg of your pants. Since conditions clearly warrant boots, this will protect both your feet and your pant hems.

FWIW, the key for me is not avoiding salt on my shoes (which can be removed and isn't too bad if your shoes are already taken care of properly) but rather avoiding being stuck wearing wet socks all day after the water makes it through my soles.
post #9450 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Salt is not great for shoes to be fair...

If you have a pair of very expensive shoes, you might want to protect them from burning..

I carry my shoes in a backpack and wear a pair of cheap oxford during the commuting.

i think backpacks harm dignity as much as some hiking boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get