or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 566

post #8476 of 13569
Google Glass.

I'm at the airport and there's this corny asian dude walking around wearing one. Lololol.

Even smoking a cigarette couldn't save his un-cool ass!
post #8477 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Google Glass.

I'm at the airport and there's this corny asian dude walking around wearing one. Lololol.

Even smoking an e- cigarette couldn't save his un-cool ass!
FTFY
post #8478 of 13569
This semester I have had an unusually large number of students say "Um so I know I stopped coming to class in the fifth week haven't turned in any assignments but now I'm 'bout to graduate need to pass the class what can I do?"

How did they get through four years of university being the kinds of students who would do things like that? How do you just stop coming to class when your graduation depends on your passing my course?
post #8479 of 13569
I skipped the majority of my classes. Look at me now, mah!
post #8480 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

This semester I have had an unusually large number of students say "Um so I know I stopped coming to class in the fifth week haven't turned in any assignments but now I'm 'bout to graduate need to pass the class what can I do?"

How did they get through four years of university being the kinds of students who would do things like that? How do you just stop coming to class when your graduation depends on your passing my course?

Maybe that's the Millennial Attitude we keep hearing about.

Never understood it either. I had some kid come into class 40 minutes late, sit down, then raise his hand and ask for extra credit "because he really needed to get an A in this class, and he didn't think it was going to be hard." I told him no and he left. Baffling.
post #8481 of 13569
EDM. And I don't mean actual electronic music by actual musicians.... I mean this pop-ass-bullshit lite version that all these douche bags listen to at Tomorrowland and EDC thinking they are just sooooooo f'g cool. Hardwell, Tiesto, Avicii.... are you fucking kidding me? These assholes couldn't DJ their way out of a wet paper bag. Complete and utter shite.
post #8482 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Google Glass.

I'm at the airport and there's this corny asian dude walking around wearing one. Lololol.

Even smoking a cigarette couldn't save his un-cool ass!

its the new bluetooth ear piece!
post #8483 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

This semester I have had an unusually large number of students say "Um so I know I stopped coming to class in the fifth week haven't turned in any assignments but now I'm 'bout to graduate need to pass the class what can I do?"

How did they get through four years of university being the kinds of students who would do things like that? How do you just stop coming to class when your graduation depends on your passing my course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Maybe that's the Millennial Attitude we keep hearing about.

Never understood it either. I had some kid come into class 40 minutes late, sit down, then raise his hand and ask for extra credit "because he really needed to get an A in this class, and he didn't think it was going to be hard." I told him no and he left. Baffling.


Better watch it. Wait til they have mommy and daddy get your tenure revoked or sue you.... so that lil Johnny can get the grade he deserves, not the grade he earned.
post #8484 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

This semester I have had an unusually large number of students say "Um so I know I stopped coming to class in the fifth week haven't turned in any assignments but now I'm 'bout to graduate need to pass the class what can I do?"

How did they get through four years of university being the kinds of students who would do things like that? How do you just stop coming to class when your graduation depends on your passing my course?

I always tell kids headed off to college the secret to doing well: just show up to class and pay attention. That's really 90% of doing well in undergrad.
post #8485 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


I always tell kids headed off to college the secret to doing well: just show up to class and pay attention. That's really 90% of doing well in undergrad.

 

You can also do pretty well by not showing up and just reading the textbook. At least for the first 2 years. 

post #8486 of 13569
...or butter up your prof by telling him lies like "your pink pants are very flattering" or "the St. Louis Rams are a good team"
post #8487 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

You can also do pretty well by not showing up and just reading the textbook. At least for the first 2 years. 

Agreed but it's so much easier if you just show up. As you get spoon fed you'll not have to think too hard when reading that text book.
post #8488 of 13569
I used to look up profs' research interests and, during office hours visits, subtly engage them on it. Yes I am brilliant of mind.
post #8489 of 13569
It got you really far.
post #8490 of 13569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I always tell kids headed off to college the secret to doing well: just show up to class and pay attention. That's really 90% of doing well in undergrad.

Mine was notorious for grade deflation. Every class was curved to like a B- which meant if you came to class paid attention did the homework went to office hours studied for exams weeks in advance you would get a B-. It's what happens when you have a bunch of overachievers in a school desperately trying to hold on to brand image. I read that the average grade at Harvard was an A-. Kicking myself for not going there instead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get