or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 519

post #7771 of 13485
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Reminds me of the time someone checked a box of wine onto a flight out of SFO. Waiting to pick up our luggage in baggage claim we heard a clanking sort of sound coming up from the depths of the baggage conveyor, then a cardboard box appeared, with red wine literally gushing out of it.

Harvey must have been on that flight..
post #7772 of 13485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I don't get people in cars that obviously have Bluetooth with a smartphone plastered against their ear and not paying attention to the road. Use BT fucknuts.
Inorite with ip5 you can even text w/BT hands free
post #7773 of 13485
It rained for the first time in LA in quite a while... and I mean it actually rained and was about 58-60 degrees this morning. Within 10 mins. I witnessed multiple idiots standing in the rain in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops; a woman also in the rain sans umbrella wearing a silk shirt getting soaked while eating frozen yogurt; and a girl wearing this god-awful spaghetti-strapped dress, slit all the way up the legs on both sides blowing all over the place in the wind while she clutched herself, obviously freezing. wtf is with people? has there been a recall on common sense I'm not aware of?
post #7774 of 13485
Some of those sound like good things.
post #7775 of 13485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

a girl wearing this god-awful spaghetti-strapped dress, slit all the way up the legs on both sides blowing all over the place in the wind while she clutched herself,

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Apparently, thousands of people in my neighborhood and others have lost power because of the "severe" weather. For the non-Angelenos, the severe weather consists of about 0.08" of rain sprinkled through the day and mid-day temperatures in the mid-sixties.
post #7776 of 13485
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Some of those sound like good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

You say this like it's a bad thing.

lol... nah this chick was was a 5... maybe... if I'm being generous. I didn't even bother a second look.
post #7777 of 13485
Restaurant high top tables. What is their fucking point? They are uncomfortable, hurt your back and put your ass to sleep. Plus they use more lumber on account of the longer legs
post #7778 of 13485
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Restaurant high top tables. What is their fucking point? They are uncomfortable, hurt your back and put your ass to sleep. Plus they use more lumber on account of the longer legs

Nice one. You also know they're unpopular as the hostess is always trying to sell them. "Would you like to sit at a high top?" No, I'll take the normal table.
post #7779 of 13485
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Restaurant high top tables. What is their fucking point? They are uncomfortable, hurt your back and put your ass to sleep. Plus they use more lumber on account of the longer legs

Design wise they are good for breaking up a sea of tables, not to mention show-casing all the happy groups eating in full view of prospective diners. Practically they are shitty and no one likes using them.
post #7780 of 13485
I'd rather sit at a hitop
post #7781 of 13485
I always get tricked into sitting at the high top because of the way the hostess puts the question to me "Are you man enough to sit at a high top table today?" or "Have you got what it takes to rock it at the high top?"
post #7782 of 13485
I've experienced something similar, but it usually goes more like "I can tell by your package that you have what it takes to sit at the high top. Follow me, please."

/humblebrag
post #7783 of 13485
I stand and drink at the bar. What are these tables you speak of?
post #7784 of 13485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

I'd rather sit at a hitop

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I always get tricked into sitting at the high top because of the way the hostess puts the question to me "Are you man enough to sit at a high top table today?" or "Have you got what it takes to rock it at the high top?"

I've always assumed I'm almost always asked to sit at a hitop (if the restaurant has one((or two or more)).) is because even at my worst I still dress better than the new moneyz around me in their 7fap jeans and big logo polo shirts.
post #7785 of 13485
I often get the "is a high top ok"...like the hostess is well aware that the high top is a sad consolation prize.

But if it saves 10 minutes of waiting...I don't really mind them that much
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get