or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 516

post #7726 of 12405
fugly cars.... I don't get how people would say to themselves, "wow that is the bees knees right there! I gotta buy that beaut!"

post #7727 of 12405
A lot of people don't care about their car's looks. They care only about whether it meets certain needs and it's at the right price point. I'm generally not one of them but I get it
post #7728 of 12405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

My computer wont open google, the fuck.

Is it a mac?
post #7729 of 12405
The jeep srt is pretty nice in person, especially in black. And I normally hate the way American cars look
post #7730 of 12405
That Cherokee looks like shit, but I really like the way the Grand Cherokee is designed. It's pretty striking.

I'd drive the SRT GC as a family SUV.
post #7731 of 12405
I wonder which have dumber names on average, jazz fusion songs or restaurants? I think it might be jazz fusion songs, but it is a close call.
post #7732 of 12405

Jazz fusion restaurants. 

post #7733 of 12405
Why are Marc Jacobs and his wominz clothez such a big deal?
post #7734 of 12405
Who says they're a big deal?
post #7735 of 12405
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Why are Marc Jacobs and his wominz clothez such a big deal?

Someone other than me might know of a seminal collection he's done in the past, but I've never seen anything particularly great from him. It's not bad and I would even wear a lot of his menswear, but there's nothing particularly inspired about it from what I've seen.

I hate to draw this card and I'd welcome being proven wrong, but I think he's a big hero of the gay community, and that's given him a lot of cache.
post #7736 of 12405
If I were looking for a gay fashion hero, Tom Ford would be my first choice, who by most measures seems to be extremely likable in about a million ways. But regarding Jacobs' talent, I don't see much to suggest he's more talented than about a dozen other designers whose shows I look forward to with a lot more interest and admiration. Is it rare of me to find Alexander Wang significantly more talented?
post #7737 of 12405
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

If I were looking for a gay fashion hero, Tom Ford would be my first choice, who by most measures seems to be extremely likable in about a million ways. But regarding Jacobs' talent, I don't see much to suggest he's more talented than about a dozen other designers whose shows I look forward to with a lot more interest and admiration. Is it rare of me to find Alexander Wang significantly more talented?

Well, Jacobs has been around long enough to be considered part of the old guard, so he has a bit of classic appeal as well as that extra bit of cache. Basically, an experienced designer makes a boring collection and it's "understated" and "a return to the basics", while a new designer does that shit and will be criticised.

I agree that Wang is probably a better designer.

That said it's probably best to look at some of Jacobs' collections in the 90s to see why he's so revered.
post #7738 of 12405
Why is the talent on X Factor so shitty this season? Are the three singing shows dividing it up or is the real hot shit talent moving to one of the others more exclusively? I can't imagine American Idol or The Voice have shittier talent than this.
post #7739 of 12405
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

If I were looking for a gay fashion hero, Tom Ford would be my first choice, who by most measures seems to be extremely likable in about a million ways. But regarding Jacobs' talent, I don't see much to suggest he's more talented than about a dozen other designers whose shows I look forward to with a lot more interest and admiration. Is it rare of me to find Alexander Wang significantly more talented?

I praise TF for creating the magical fragrance that is Tuscan Leather.
post #7740 of 12405
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Why is the talent on X Factor so shitty this season? Are the three singing shows dividing it up or is the real hot shit talent moving to one of the others more exclusively? I can't imagine American Idol or The Voice have shittier talent than this.

Srsly. They've got this awful old guy out there giving a rendition of Wilson Pickett more suitable for a talent competition at a Tampa Bay Applebee's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get