or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 480

post #7186 of 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post


I realize I'm missing the main point here, but if I'm understanding this correctly our fine protagonist has been dating and/or married to caitlin for at least four years and they've had sex a grand total of 7 times?
post #7187 of 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I realize I'm missing the main point here, but if I'm understanding this correctly our fine protagonist has been dating and/or married to caitlin for at least four years and they've had sex a grand total of 7 times?

Yeah, most of them were plausible, but some of them were pretty obvious trolls.
post #7188 of 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Yeah, most of them were plausible, but some of them were pretty obvious trolls.

Some of these are just crazy enough to be real...
post #7189 of 12696
Now I'm at full attention.
post #7190 of 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post



as an aside, watching the solid gold dancers when I was 10 or 11 gave me the big chubbies.
post #7191 of 12696
^ the female ones, k?
post #7192 of 12696
Why don't scouring powders come with a lid?

I don't think I have ever purchased comet/AJAX so maybe some sizes have lids...but bar keepers friend definitely doesn't have a lid. It is just a cardboard can with a metal top with holes punched in it (sealed for sale with a sticker that you peel off).

I get that they are powders, don't evaporate or anything and aren't very volatile, but that shit's still going to spill if you knock it over. Why not put a pringles-style lid on that can?

post #7193 of 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Marrying your family members is just genetic masturbation.

Look at what happened to Queen Victoria's offsprings..
post #7194 of 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Why don't scouring powders come with a lid?

I don't think I have ever purchased comet/AJAX so maybe some sizes have lids...but bar keepers friend definitely doesn't have a lid. It is just a cardboard can with a metal top with holes punched in it (sealed for sale with a sticker that you peel off).

I get that they are powders, don't evaporate or anything and aren't very volatile, but that shit's still going to spill if you knock it over. Why not put a pringles-style lid on that can?


Not related to your question, but I remember seeing that stuff in my Grandpa's bar. Always had a can or two sitting around.
post #7195 of 12696

I often find myself sifting through skymall during the final descent on a flight, just to distract from the unpleasant cabin pressure change. Was not prepared for this

 

post #7196 of 12696
collars "...in long or short sleeve styles..." ?

Here's a 2.0 idea - collars that come with a tie built right in. Imagine being able to change collars and ties with nothing more than a velcro pull and replace; oh, the ease!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samadhi27 View Post

I often find myself sifting through skymall during the final descent on a flight, just to distract from the unpleasant cabin pressure change. Was not prepared for this


post #7197 of 12696
why is it that in email auto confidentiality notices, the "if you are not the intended recipient, please do not read or distribute this email" is the very last line of the email?
post #7198 of 12696
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

why is it that in email auto confidentiality notices, the "if you are not the intended recipient, please do not read or distribute this email" is the very last line of the email?

It's usually the signature line which comes at the end.

I have to admit I have this on my emails. I don't know of a way to make it the first line automatically.
post #7199 of 12696
Why do people even still bother with stuff like that?

Is it just for the intimidation factor? If you address an email to me, I'm going to read it, and I am probably going to be too lazy to delete it (at best, it gets a gmail "archive"). AFAIK that disclaimer can't possibly convey any sort of legal obligation for me to obey it.
post #7200 of 12696
I think it has more to do with saying "it wasn't meant for you, thus any action you take based upon the content isn't my fault or problem, its yours"

For example if I send a competitor a day-by-day plan to fuck his wife over the next two years, he can't claim provocation when he shoots me in the face.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get