or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 399

post #5971 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I was actually just thinking about this yesterday. Which got me to thinking about the origins of the word delivery. De - livery. Which is from the French livree - to dispense or hand over.

The German language is full of words we need to adopt (and ones we already have, like schadenfreude, zeitgeist, etc..):
drachenfutter
backpfeifengesicht
orgasmusschwierigkeiten

Also good -

Kummerspeck
Fremdschämen

Both would be excellent in dealing with Ed posts.
post #5972 of 14061
NEVER GOOGLE ANYTHING FROM HERE!
post #5973 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by E,TF View Post

Fenestra = Latin for window teacha.gif


Bullshit, windows weren't invented then.
post #5974 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

NEVER GOOGLE ANYTHING FROM HERE!

hahahahahahahahahahhhaaaaaerunfwin58ow4qyg64w
post #5975 of 14061
For serious. gdl told me not to google image search "Acute Compartment Syndrome"...
post #5976 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

He impregnated some whore

NSIS
post #5977 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

Bullshit, windows weren't invented then.

sure they were - they might not have had glass panes in the very early days, though.
post #5978 of 14061
Why is it that dogs have to throw up on rugs and not on the other 90% of the floor, which is not covered by rugs.
post #5979 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Why is it that dogs have to throw up on rugs and not on the other 90% of the floor, which is not covered by rugs.

Might be the same reason our cat naps on the newspaper rather than the tablecloth when on the kitchen table- they're trying to be nice and preserve your floors, which must be why you have them covered, right?
post #5980 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

Might be the same reason our cat naps on the newspaper rather than the tablecloth when on the kitchen table- they're trying to be nice and preserve your floors, which must be why you have them covered, right?

The wooden floor is lacquered and you can just wipe the stomach acid up, 100% wool rugs no so much.

I've had 3 cats and 2 dogs and all of them have done the same thing.
post #5981 of 14061
yes, cats love to do this. ours will hack up a hairball along w/ a cup or so of stomach juice right at the edge of the rug, then pad off onto the floor...

last night one of my kids did the same thing: "you feel OK, you look a little green around the gills?" "I'm fine". 30 seconds later hops up off the couch and empties his stomach onto the rug, not a foot away from the easy-to-clean floor. found out later he had won a milk-chugging contest (10 glasses) at lunch..plain.gif..
post #5982 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

last night one of my kids did the same thing: "you feel OK, you look a little green around the gills?" "I'm fine". 30 seconds later hops up off the couch and empties his stomach onto the rug, not a foot away from the easy-to-clean floor. found out later he had won a milk-chugging contest (10 glasses) at lunch..plain.gif..

PM lasbar. He has experience with cleaning up kids' messes.
post #5983 of 14061
That is Murphy's law, corollary 3.

Corollary 2 is the bread always lands peanut butter side down
post #5984 of 14061
'
















































This post intentionally left blank.
post #5985 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

The wooden floor is lacquered and you can just wipe the stomach acid up, 100% wool rugs no so much.

I've had 3 cats and 2 dogs and all of them have done the same thing.

I understand that, I'm just trying to explain what the pet's line of thinking may be. The cat is very obvious- she knows that we would much rather have her on the newspaper than on the tablecloth (not having her on the table was a battle lost long ago), and she tries to be considerate of that. Except when she's pissed for some reason.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get