or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 328

post #4906 of 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yeah, I was thinking 2001 as reference point was funny. Probably the year the guy who made this gif started highschool.
I thought it was funny too
I don't remember popped collars coming back as a "cool" thing until a few years later. I started high school in 2001 and there certainly were lots of dbags in polos...but they had their collars down.
post #4907 of 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I thought it was funny too
I don't remember popped collars coming back as a "cool" thing until a few years later. I started high school in 2001 and there certainly were lots of dbags in polos...but they had their collars down.

Popped collars were definitely cool in the 80s with the preppy crowd and even the nu-wave crowd. I can't remember seeing a single collar popped in the 90s.
post #4908 of 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

It's funny to me how the refutations of the doomsday predictions always revolve around pointing out the flaws in the prediction, not the basic point of "None of these predictions mean shit regardless of their methodology."

I find your statement describes matters of macro-economic predictions perfectly. I am just as puzzled by those predictions as by Mayan/Nostradamus/Religious/Superstitious bullshit.
post #4909 of 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Popped collars were definitely cool in the 80s with the preppy crowd and even the nu-wave crowd. I can't remember seeing a single collar popped in the 90s.

That's what I mean--I don't think their comeback (and that of a few other 80's elements) happened until more like 2004
post #4910 of 12652
When did people start saying "brah?" When I was growing up (1980s), no one ever said that. At least in my part of Wisconsin no one said that. Then apparently I went through a period where I wasn't paying attention, because all of a sudden I started hearing everyone finish their sentences with "brah." It still sounds weird to me, in large part because the word is so similar to "bra." (I think I've mentioned before how strongly I dislike all the words we have for women's undergarments, but that is another topic I guess.)
post #4911 of 12652
I started saying it to annoy my friends, I use it on the forum for the same reason.

I don't say it in real life.

What up brah.
post #4912 of 12652
I like substituting "nukka" for "brah".
post #4913 of 12652
In the 80s "bro" started outside of urban areas. It was annoying then as it is now.
post #4914 of 12652
How about Dude?

Annoying as hell to people of my generation.

It makes me think of Jesse on Breaking Bad, Bitch!
post #4915 of 12652
I say dude allllll the time. It's the most innocuous of the bunch.
post #4916 of 12652
lol, whose sock puppet is the above character?
post #4917 of 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verf View Post


I tell you what, people who carry concealed weapons are the worst of the bunch.


You are clueless, and that is a troll comment.
post #4918 of 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

When did people start saying "brah?" When I was growing up (1980s), no one ever said that. At least in my part of Wisconsin no one said that. Then apparently I went through a period where I wasn't paying attention, because all of a sudden I started hearing everyone finish their sentences with "brah." It still sounds weird to me, in large part because the word is so similar to "bra." (I think I've mentioned before how strongly I dislike all the words we have for women's undergarments, but that is another topic I guess.)

How about over the shoulder boulder holder?
post #4919 of 12652
Wow, I bet it's been twenty years since I've heard that! It is bad too.
post #4920 of 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by D M B View Post

You are clueless, and that is a troll comment.

He was, and I'm glad to see it looks like he has been obliterated from the site. Was a real jackwagon in a lot of spots, including B&S.

Here's hoping Santa pissed on the coal he left in Verf's stocking. Heck, here's hoping the Reindeer relieved themselves there too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get