or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 310

post #4636 of 12459
I don't get that supermarket. Every day by 4pm all ciabatte (the only edible bread I've found so far) are sold out. However, there's always plenty of less-than-mediocre baguettes left. Why don't they fucking bake more ciabatte? Is it that difficult to grasp?
post #4637 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

just saw something about Big Bang Theory having 20,000,000 viewers not long ago. WTF is wrong with people?

Gangham Style will soon have a billion views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I don't get why avocado seeds are so big.

A big plant requires a big seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I've never seen it.

You're not missing anything you'd enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I'm excited for Dooms Day Preppers.

I saw an episode of that. It looks fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Years ago, like 04 or so, when this was first rolling out and you just had shitty plug ins for your stereo, XM radio was great. They had this channel, Chrome, that had the best chill/trip hop/ambient type stuff non stop. Then things got shitty.

This x2. Chrome and then the XM Chill channel were fantastic. Then the merger and the XM Chill became a copy of Sirius chill, which blows.
post #4638 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

I don't get that supermarket. Every day by 4pm all ciabatte (the only edible bread I've found so far) are sold out. However, there's always plenty of less-than-mediocre baguettes left. Why don't they fucking bake more ciabatte? Is it that difficult to grasp?

I don't know about supermarkets where you live, but here in the U.S. yes, this is difficult for these people to grasp.
post #4639 of 12459
McDonalds. I don't get it. If everybody knows how horrible it is for you and it is common knowledge why do people go there? There is this one McDonalds by where I live and I go in there to use the ATM because they don't charge me a fee. Every time I am in there there are tons of people. I can't help but roll my eyes. I mean for like $6 at a corner deli you can get a chef's salad loaded with better stuff. WTF?
post #4640 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I've never seen it.

my in laws had it on a few weeks ago. They all had iPads out, so I doubt they were actually watching, but I don't have an iPad so I watched. A family member just died so I had to be reserved instead of my usual "can we turn this shit off?"
post #4641 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

McDonalds. I don't get it. If everybody knows how horrible it is for you and it is common knowledge why do people go there? There is this one McDonalds by where I live and I go in there to use the ATM because they don't charge me a fee. Every time I am in there there are tons of people. I can't help but roll my eyes. I mean for like $6 at a corner deli you can get a chef's salad loaded with better stuff. WTF?

Some people actually like the taste of McDonalds food.

I am not one of them, to be clear, but I don't begrudge others eating things that are bad for them if they enjoy it.
post #4642 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I can't help but roll my eyes. I mean for like $6 at a corner deli you can get a chef's salad loaded with better stuff. WTF?

Mmm, chef's salad. Yum yum yum! drool.gif
post #4643 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

McDonalds. I don't get it. If everybody knows how horrible it is for you and it is common knowledge why do people go there? There is this one McDonalds by where I live and I go in there to use the ATM because they don't charge me a fee. Every time I am in there there are tons of people. I can't help but roll my eyes. I mean for like $6 at a corner deli you can get a chef's salad loaded with better stuff. WTF?

1 - if it were up to me, I'd do ALL my banking at McDonalds

2 - I think McD for a lot of people is a product of growing up with it. Parents are not wealthy and "hey! A burger, fries, coke, and toy in a happy meal is only $1.99, that's soooo cheap!!" and so they believe they're saving money so the family has it frequently. And then it sticks with the kids as a place to eat, and remains that way.
post #4644 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


This x2. Chrome and then the XM Chill channel were fantastic. Then the merger and the XM Chill became a copy of Sirius chill, which blows.

fistbump.gif

We should start a podcast, HB.
post #4645 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

McDonalds. I don't get it. If everybody knows how horrible it is for you and it is common knowledge why do people go there? There is this one McDonalds by where I live and I go in there to use the ATM because they don't charge me a fee. Every time I am in there there are tons of people. I can't help but roll my eyes. I mean for like $6 at a corner deli you can get a chef's salad loaded with better stuff. WTF?

It's cheap, fast, and to some people it tastes good. You can get a full meal, including a drink, for like four bucks aty McD's. For one person, the two-dollar difference between that and the deli sandwich isn't much, but if you're a poor family of four, that's eight bucks saved*. It may not seem like much to us, but every penny counts. You also get a tremendous volume of food for the price.

On a semi-related note, Mark Knopfler's "Boom, Like That" is an awesome telling of the story of Ray Kroc and McD's.



*I know there's an argument to be made that poor families shouldn't be eating out at all, but that's a separate question that's not germane to the topic at hand.
post #4646 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

fistbump.gif
We should start a podcast, HB.

Didn't we have a thread on chill podcasts sometime last year?
post #4647 of 12459
I think McDonalds is fucking delish, but I don't eat it. You can eat so much better for not much more money. Maybe it is intelligence, intelligence to overcome animal instincts.
post #4648 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I think McDonalds is fucking delish, but I don't eat it. You can eat so much better for not much more money. Maybe it is intelligence, intelligence to overcome animal instincts.

Dog whistle.
post #4649 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Didn't we have a thread on chill podcasts sometime last year?

Pretty sure we did. However, our podcast would kick the ass of those other podcasts.
post #4650 of 12459
It would be second as popular to Savage Love.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get