or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 305

post #4561 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


That's clearly a 5-fold. Stop letting Genevieve give you JPEG advice.
That's clearly a PNG.

laugh.gif
post #4562 of 12651

The only PNG Genevieve knows anything about is in the litterbox. My suggestion stands.

post #4563 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


That's clearly a 5-fold. Stop letting Genevieve give you JPEG advice.

Man irregardless ain't make no difference is how you tie a sevenfolds tie facsafacjac.
post #4564 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Man irregardless ain't make no difference is how you tie a sevenfolds tie facsafacjac.

Gen, is that you? Thanks for taking the time to reply. Tell your human to give you extra caviar during this evening's meal.
post #4565 of 12651
I just watched the Rams throw away some great opportunities to beat the Niners, so forgive me if my tone is too harsh here. But what the hell is up with those stupid Arby's commercials with Bo Dietl (or whatever his name is) giving a meat slicer to the Subway employee? It's not news to me that Subway doesn't slice their meat in store. I'm not going to start eating at Arby's because they have a goddamn meat slicer. And is Bo Dietl really the best pitchman they could find?

Has Arby's ever had a decent advertising campaign in their whole history?
post #4566 of 12651
The popularity of wine and painting social events, which have mushroomed in the DC area. What percentage of the general public can produce art that is worth displaying in one's home? Ten or fifteen percent? So the majority of people (let's face it, it's mostly women) doing these events will drink a couple of glasses of cheap wine and paint something that goes into the closet.
post #4567 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

The popularity of wine and painting social events, which have mushroomed in the DC area. What percentage of the general public can produce art that is worth displaying in one's home? Ten or fifteen percent? So the majority of people (let's face it, it's mostly women) doing these events will drink a couple of glasses of cheap wine and paint something that goes into the closet.

Each special little flower releases her creativity onto canvas, you cynical bastard.
post #4568 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

The popularity of wine and painting social events, which have mushroomed in the DC area. What percentage of the general public can produce art that is worth displaying in one's home? Ten or fifteen percent? So the majority of people (let's face it, it's mostly women) doing these events will drink a couple of glasses of cheap wine and paint something that goes into the closet.

I actually did this with my girlfriend. It was a ton of fun and they guide you through the process. Also they have you trace out the "base" of the picture before you begin to make it easier for beginners. We plan to go back and do another one. I think it is a great way to get some skills and start painting before venturing to do it on your own.

Also, we drank a bottle of $50 Burgundy you cynical bastard.
post #4569 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

The popularity of wine and painting social events, which have mushroomed in the DC area. What percentage of the general public can produce art that is worth displaying in one's home? Ten or fifteen percent? So the majority of people (let's face it, it's mostly women) doing these events will drink a couple of glasses of cheap wine and paint something that goes into the closet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I actually did this with my girlfriend. It was a ton of fun and they guide you through the process. Also they have you trace out the "base" of the picture before you begin to make it easier for beginners. We plan to go back and do another one. I think it is a great way to get some skills and start painting before venturing to do it on your own.
Also, we drank a bottle of $50 Burgundy you cynical bastard.

MrsG has done a couple of these with friends for girls' night, and they always have a blast. They certainly don't produce high art, but it's something different to do for a night out.
post #4570 of 12651
My lady helps me quite a bit. She is a natural artist so these events are easy for her. It is fun to see even different color and shading interpretations of the same piece between the both of us. I have a natural tendency to get irritated and angry if I can't get something correctly and such. The instructor finds it funny, my lady finds it cute and keeps me in check and it all ends up being a fun project. I like that it puts my mind completely in a different place. It is almost like meditation. I have to concentrate so hard on what I am doing because it feels unnatural and new that no other thoughts enter my brain. Hard to describe.
post #4571 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I just watched the Rams throw away some great opportunities to beat the Niners, so forgive me if my tone is too harsh here. But what the hell is up with those stupid Arby's commercials with Bo Dietl (or whatever his name is) giving a meat slicer to the Subway employee? It's not news to me that Subway doesn't slice their meat in store. I'm not going to start eating at Arby's because they have a goddamn meat slicer. And is Bo Dietl really the best pitchman they could find?
Has Arby's ever had a decent advertising campaign in their whole history?

I worked at Arby's in high school. While its true they slice the "meat" in store the "meat" is not traditional meat. It arrives as either a gelatinous mass that must be baked or as a powder that has to be mixed with water and oil and then baked. It is processed garbage.

The Jamocha shake, however, is sublime.
post #4572 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I worked at Arby's in high school. While its true they slice the "meat" in store the "meat" is not traditional meat. It arrives as either a gelatinous mass that must be baked or as a powder that has to be mixed with water and oil and then baked. It is processed garbage.
The Jamocha shake, however, is sublime.

I didn't know that, although I shouldn't be surprised.

Here are some more things I don't get:

Big Bang Theory (the tv show). One of my students told me I was like one of the characters, so I thought I should check it out. (I also don't get why the student thought it was a good idea to compare me to one of the characters, but whatever.) There's nothing even remotely funny about it.

Larry the Cable Guy doing ads for Prilosec. It seems to me like his shtick wouldn't play well among a large part of the demographic for the product.

Likewise, those damn Napa ads that feature the country singer with the super-strong Southern accent singing "Naypa know hay-ow." When I hear them, I turn the volume of my radio off until I think they're finished because they grate on me so much. Is there a single person in the US who enjoys hearing that guy sing "Naypa know hay-ow?"
post #4573 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I didn't know that, although I shouldn't be surprised.
Here are some more things I don't get:
Big Bang Theory (the tv show). One of my students told me I was like one of the characters, so I thought I should check it out. (I also don't get why the student thought it was a good idea to compare me to one of the characters, but whatever.) There's nothing even remotely funny about it.

I've had people recommend this show to me as well. Apparently because I'm "smart" I should like this show. But there's absolutely zero humour in the show. That bunch of aspie losers is not at all interesting. Socially retarded people are great fodder for comedy, see Confederacy of Dunces, but Big Bang Theory is not at all funny.
Quote:
Likewise, those damn Napa ads that feature the country singer with the super-strong Southern accent singing "Naypa know hay-ow." When I hear them, I turn the volume of my radio off until I think they're finished because they grate on me so much. Is there a single person in the US who enjoys hearing that guy sing "Naypa know hay-ow?"

I have not heard these commercials but NAPA over charges for everything and the customer service I've encountered is universally terrible. I buy the vast majority of my auto parts online now, but if I need something in an emergency I'd rather drive 15 miles out of the way to Autozone than go to NAPA.
post #4574 of 12651
frown.gif
Don't hate on TBBT.
post #4575 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

frown.gif
Don't hate on TBBT.

I think it's too late for that!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get