or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 290

post #4336 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Not quite on your baller status but I use Diplomat fountain pens and I always have to bring extra Bics along in my briefcase in case clients have to sign something. Clients NEVER bring their own pen to anything. I've learned my lesson very early about letting them borrow my fountain pen. Most of them have no idea how to write with it and they end up ripping the paper and ruining the nib. Fucking savages I represent. Why do I put up with them?

Hang on, you like to write with a pointy stick and your clients who prefer precision, modern writing implements are the savages?
post #4337 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Anything to increase ambiguity, I guess.

He is our resident metrosexual
post #4338 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Not quite on your baller status but I use Diplomat fountain pens and I always have to bring extra Bics along in my briefcase in case clients have to sign something. Clients NEVER bring their own pen to anything. I've learned my lesson very early about letting them borrow my fountain pen. Most of them have no idea how to write with it and they end up ripping the paper and ruining the nib. Fucking savages I represent. Why do I put up with them?

So you can have nice things. I admit I have a hard time writing with fountain pens. I have a hard time writing with regular pens, my penmanship is horrible and I blame teachers in school making you take fast notes. Then again, I never really took many notes in school..
post #4339 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

So you can have nice things. I admit I have a hard time writing with fountain pens. I have a hard time writing with regular pens, my penmanship is horrible and I blame teachers in school making you take fast notes. Then again, I never really took many notes in school..

I'm left handed...

Say no more...

Fountain pens are a no no...
post #4340 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Hang on, you like to write with a pointy stick and your clients who prefer precision, modern writing implements are the savages?
post #4341 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Link fail. Horse Outside?
post #4342 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Link fail. Horse Outside?

Damn link. But yes.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8&sns=em
post #4343 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Not quite on your baller status but I use Diplomat fountain pens and I always have to bring extra Bics along in my briefcase .....
I use fountain pens almost exclusively, but don't allow others to use them because of past disasterous experiences. I keep a ball point on hand for lending.
post #4344 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Damn link. But yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8&sns=em

 

Personally as the Rubberbandits go I'm a bigger fan of the Roisin as Gaelige... I have to say I'm impressed  you know who they are, though.

post #4345 of 13574

Idiots who think that they're funny. Why do people still laugh?

post #4346 of 13574
"Comedy is the last true democracy: if your audience laughs and thinks you are funny then they're right. If they don't think you're funny, then they are still right."
post #4347 of 13574

How about situations where somebody is clearly not funny and people laugh because they feel they must in order to maintain this person's approval?

post #4348 of 13574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

Personally as the Rubberbandits go I'm a bigger fan of the Roisin as Gaelige... I have to say I'm impressed  you know who they are, though.

That is good, but I was using the Horse Outside song as a rebuke to fang's claim that my using an older technology writing implement made me a savage as opposed to the savages who write with bics..
post #4349 of 13574
My girlfriend on her days off likes to watch movies first thing in the morning. Seems so wrong to not watch a movie at the earliest in the afternoon.
post #4350 of 13574

I think I agree.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get