or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1572

post #23566 of 24151
The flip side of this is, why the fuck can't restaurants get the most simple of modifications right? I know that the reason is mostly because people are innately idiots, but seriously. This is the classic "you have one job" scenario.

My distaste for avocado and guacamole is well documented here, but I actually like the kind of foods that usually go with guac. But I've stopped ordering them because 80% of the time, they forget to hold the guac as I requested.

It's even more irritating when the server stands there while taking our order and doesn't write it down. I mean, you have a notepad! And i know you're going to fuck this up. Is not writing shit down some kind of feat of ability that proves you're a tough guy server, like football players playing through concussions??
post #23567 of 24151
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

The flip side of this is, why the fuck can't restaurants get the most simple of modifications right? I know that the reason is mostly because people are innately idiots, but seriously. This is the classic "you have one job" scenario.

My distaste for avocado and guacamole is well documented here, but I actually like the kind of foods that usually go with guac. But I've stopped ordering them because 80% of the time, they forget to hold the guac as I requested.

It's even more irritating when the server stands there while taking our order and doesn't write it down. I mean, you have a notepad! And i know you're going to fuck this up. Is not writing shit down some kind of feat of ability that proves you're a tough guy server, like football players playing through concussions??

@Springs1
post #23568 of 24151
The other thing is that if you write down the order you could just tear the page off and spear it onto one of those protrusions on the kitchen wall like they do in the diners (everyone does it this way, right? Every restaurant does this in Kitchen Nightmares so I think I have a good reason to believe I'm right). This means the cook won't fuck up the order either, or you won't fuck it up relaying it to him.

The best way I've seen this done is at laguardia airport where they give you an iPad and you put the order directly into the kitchen. How great is that!! Impossible to fuck up. Why doesn't everyone do it this way? A tablet costs about $500, so you'll break even in about two weeks with all the food you're not wasting from people sending it back.
post #23569 of 24151
Foodies are so annoying.
post #23570 of 24151
Even more annoying is someone insisting you're a "foodie" when you're really not. Apparently anyone that owns a sous vide is a "foodie."
post #23571 of 24151
Allz I know is next time I'm in 'zona I'm stoppin in at Chez Pioz for some Joey Zaza. :P
post #23572 of 24151
Yeah, there's a difference between being a foody and just liking to eat. I own a sous vide and I am definitely not a foodie.
post #23573 of 24151
I don't even know what a sous vide is, you hipster foodies!!
post #23574 of 24151
It's when you fuck a piece of French bread and then eat it.
post #23575 of 24151
Aka a croque Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

The best way I've seen this done is at laguardia airport where they give you an iPad and you put the order directly into the kitchen. How great is that!! Impossible to fuck up. Why doesn't everyone do it this way? A tablet costs about $500, so you'll break even in about two weeks with all the food you're not wasting from people sending it back.

I went to a burger place in Milano a couple years ago, where every table had their own iPad, which slid under the table and a watch the chef cook cam in the app.

Oddly they didn't know the difference between ham and bacon and I ended up debating the difference with 3 Italians and the only one not agreeing was the waitress. Pretty funny actually.
post #23576 of 24151
I don't get why people feel the need to comment on tax issues (in this case, the sort-of-embarrassing revelation that Trump is still milking his net loss carryforward from years ago to avoid paying taxes on current income) when it's painfully obvious that they don't have any notion of how taxes actually work. They just read the headlines of articles (Trump Probably Hasn't Paid Tax in Years!) and freak out.
post #23577 of 24151
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

I don't get why people feel the need to comment on tax issues (in this case, the sort-of-embarrassing revelation that Trump is still milking his net loss carryforward from years ago to avoid paying taxes on current income) when it's painfully obvious that they don't have any notion of how taxes actually work. They just read the headlines of articles (Trump Probably Hasn't Paid Tax in Years!) and freak out.

Most voters still don't understand marginal brackets and think that $1 into the next bracket gets your entire income taxed at the new marginal rate.
post #23578 of 24151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Most voters still don't understand marginal brackets and think that $1 into the next bracket gets your entire income taxed at the new marginal rate.

Hahah so true. I've had people tell me they turned down raises at work because it would bump them into a higher tax bracket and they "did the math and it would actually cost" them money.
post #23579 of 24151
post #23580 of 24151

Most voters dont know the difference between paying tax and filing tax returns.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get