or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1443

post #21631 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

srs, I don't understand people in public spaces, especially small ones like busses or subways who play music out loud on their phones. And no to sound racist but it's often young black males, though not always. I mean I see people walking down the street, or through the supermarket holding their phone generally near their one ear, with music playing full blast out of their phones. Like, can't you live without music for a few minutes. Or in a closed space like a subway car, WTF. Seriously, WTF. Is it a class thing? a stupidity thing? Are they looking for a fight? Are they amused that nobody says anything about it? I was once on a 5 hour bus ride and the guy next to me, a middle aged eastern european man who appeared otherwise normal just started playing music off his phone and looked around like he was doing everyone a favor by sharing his tunes... took me about 30 seconds to cock my head and look at him with an expression of 'what are you doing? and then when he smiled and looked away, another few seconds to firmly tap him on the shoulder and ask him if he had headphones and tell him that nobody else wanted to hear his music. He seemed confused but obliged.

I saw this commercial for some Beats by Dre headphones that could be rotated around and serve as speakers. You can guess the intended market.

I was in the waiting room at the doctors while my wife was undergoing some surgery. Some dipshit was taking out her headphones to play a song or two, then putting them back in. Baffling.



The only other group I see doing that is middle aged Indians out on walks. Indian music sounds weird enough to me in the first place, but it's extra awesome through tinny phone speakers.
post #21632 of 24513
It's the same with middle eastern people and for some reason, the music always sounds like it has been copied through 15 cassette tapes before hitting cd/mp3.
post #21633 of 24513
Music with 1/4 steps sounds weird as shit. Berber music is 1/2 steps interestingly.
post #21634 of 24513
I'm talking about the sound quality, not the actual music. I really don't get how they manage to get mp3s to sound like a gramophone.
post #21635 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


I saw this commercial for some Beats by Dre headphones that could be rotated around and serve as speakers. You can guess the intended market.

I was in the waiting room at the doctors while my wife was undergoing some surgery. Some dipshit was taking out her headphones to play a song or two, then putting them back in. Baffling.



The only other group I see doing that is middle aged Indians out on walks. Indian music sounds weird enough to me in the first place, but it's extra awesome through tinny phone speakers.


I wish I could create something like Beats.  Take a common product everyone buys that sell for $20, repackage it as a luxury good and sell for $200+.  I mean, the product costs <$20 make, which isn't that much more than similar headphones.

post #21636 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


I wish I could create something like Beats.  Take a common product everyone buys that sell for $20, repackage it as a luxury good and sell for $200+.  I mean, the product costs <$20 make, which isn't that much more than similar headphones.

Make sure to add a five cent fishing weight to make it feel heavier and more solid.
post #21637 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


Make sure to add a five cent fishing weight to make it feel heavier and more solid.


50/50 partners?

post #21638 of 24513
Find product, hire art director, profit.
post #21639 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Make sure to add a five cent fishing weight to make it feel heavier and more solid.



Careful buying cheap external hard drives from china...might just be a USB thumb drive and some nuts.
post #21640 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post



Careful buying cheap external hard drives from china...might just be a USB thumb drive and some nuts.

That is hilarious.
post #21641 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post



Careful buying cheap external hard drives from china...might just be a USB thumb drive and some nuts.

I thought you'd want nuts?
post #21642 of 24513
Deez nuts
post #21643 of 24513
I was in Guangzhou three years ago and the locals insisted on bringing me to those bazaars where you get fake shit. Bought a friend a fake Beats headphones and a a Beats pill for the equivalent of $20 apiece. To this day whenever we see her she still raves about how she can't tell the difference vs the real thing
post #21644 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I was in Guangzhou three years ago and the locals insisted on bringing me to those bazaars where you get fake shit. Bought a friend a fake Beats headphones and a a Beats pill for the equivalent of $20 apiece. To this day whenever we see her she still raves about how she can't tell the difference vs the real thing

When HRoi says he was in Guangzhou, we all know he really means he was, you know, "in Guangzhou", heh heh.
post #21645 of 24513
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

When HRoi says he was in Guangzhou, we all know he really means he was, you know, "in Guangzhou", heh heh.

The locals being Guangzhou's dingleberries?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get