or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1418

post #21256 of 24114
I am getting older to where I don't keep up with popular culture very effectively everone was like "Oh my God I can't believe it Rita Ora revealed her brestas to the public for viewing in a French magazine never thought I'd see that in a million years whoa Nelly!" And I'm like "Who's Rita Ora?"
post #21257 of 24114
Link?

(And by link I mean that thing that takes you to another fabulous place on the interweb, not our resident St Louisan with poor taste in pizza cheese and sports teams)
post #21258 of 24114

For the tarnation of me I do not understand why a person would want to be named Horace, which is pronounced exactly the same as "whoress" (a female whore).

post #21259 of 24114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliinFool View Post

For the tarnation of me I do not understand why a person would want to be named Horace, which is pronounced exactly the same as "whoress" (a female whore).
Ask this dude

post #21260 of 24114
Overheard two Carolina fans talking about the super bowls today. One asked the other "well who would you rather verse: the Broncos or the patriots?"

It took me a while to deconstruct that, but....I thought wait - does this idiot think that 'verse' is a verb form of 'versus'???
post #21261 of 24114
Should be "Who would you rather oppone?"
post #21262 of 24114
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 



We were gifted some once.  The steaks were good - not the best I have ever had, but better than average.  They're just going to spam the hell out of you to buy more.

 

Edit: they also do the obnoxious JAB style 32583257238957% off type advertising.

This - they call and call and mail you for months afterwards

post #21263 of 24114
I had a fugue with a guy at work today disputing over the name of Frosted Mini Wheats. Guy said the true name was "Frosted Many Wheats" because there are many wheats in one box. I pointed out that the box clearly said "Frosted Mini Wheats." Guy insisted that was just to represent typical American pronunciation patterns. I told him that was an extravagant hypothesis most natural interpretation would be to take the words on the box at face value.
post #21264 of 24114
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I had a fugue with a guy at work today disputing over the name of Frosted Mini Wheats. Guy said the true name was "Frosted Many Wheats" because there are many wheats in one box. I pointed out that the box clearly said "Frosted Mini Wheats." Guy insisted that was just to represent typical American pronunciation patterns. I told him that was an extravagant hypothesis most natural interpretation would be to take the words on the box at face value.

That's why the regular Shredded Wheat is actually pronounced "Several Wheats" on account of how there are only several wheat tuffets in the box.
post #21265 of 24114
wha
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I had a fugue with a guy at work today disputing over the name of Frosted Mini Wheats.

Whoa, you work out disputes by sharing potentially deadly blowfish? That's weird
post #21266 of 24114

no, no. fugue is vernacular choral music. they were sing-fighting. 

post #21267 of 24114
Looks like Ixelles came into this thread went on a rampage of thumbs-ups hey that's just how it be with the Nederlandstalige peoples of the world get inflamed of passion do wild and crazy antics.
post #21268 of 24114
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Should be "Who would you rather oppone?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I had a fugue with a guy at work today disputing over the name of Frosted Mini Wheats. Guy said the true name was "Frosted Many Wheats" because there are many wheats in one box. I pointed out that the box clearly said "Frosted Mini Wheats." Guy insisted that was just to represent typical American pronunciation patterns. I told him that was an extravagant hypothesis most natural interpretation would be to take the words on the box at face value.

You're the best. Some quality posts as of late


Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

Whoa, you work out disputes by sharing potentially deadly blowfish? That's weird
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

no, no. fugue is vernacular choral music. they were sing-fighting. 

He works out disputes by sharing 90s hip hop clothing made for black empowerment? That's weird
post #21269 of 24114
Maybe they were listening to music from that group with Wyclef and Lauryn Hill
post #21270 of 24114
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

no, no. fugue is vernacular choral music. they were sing-fighting. 

I usually only have a fugue after a prelude.

So I must ask L'inc: what led up to this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get