or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1415

post #21211 of 24087
When I was a very young child there was a time I was at Pizza Hut with my brother and my mother and a friend from school. Somehow the conversation turned to music my friend said his favorite song was "The Long Run" by the Eagles. That was like a punch in the gut to me took the wind right out of my sails (mixing metaphors) because "The Long Run" was my favorite song. (This is probably 1980 we are talking about.) I felt like I'd lost my identity didn't even know who I was in the world anymore.

I wonder if that's why I posts things on the Internet as a adult just trying to discover the true Linkadessen through the written word since I han lost my being-core those many years ago.
post #21212 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

WWB (100 rounds) of 9mm or .40 cal used to be $10-12 bucks at Walmarts. Now they are in the $30'ish range. frown.gif


Last time I went into a Walmarts the greeter asked if he could help me find anything, and I told him yes, I'm looking for a belt fed water cooled weapon because this place is a target rich environment.

post #21213 of 24087
I don't go to Walmart because I am not street trash.
post #21214 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streettrash View Post


Last time I went into a Walmarts the greeter asked if he could help me find anything, and I told him yes, I'm looking for a belt fed water cooled weapon because this place is a target rich environment.

I'm sure you made the day for that modestly paid old person just trying to make ends meet.
post #21215 of 24087
Well, this is no Kanye assplay Twitter war but apparently a Scottish MP got into a Twitter battle with J.K. Rowling and now Rowling is considering a defamation suit: http://www.scotsman.com/news/celebrity/j-k-rowling-says-she-may-sue-mp-natalie-mcgarry-1-4015679

What I don't get is why people haven't figured out yet not to say stupid shit on Twitter?
post #21216 of 24087
No one cares. Take down your second-in-a-row poast Ganjabaire.
post #21217 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

No one cares. Take down your second-in-a-row poast Ganjabaire.

Is this your attempt to start a Twitter war with me?
post #21218 of 24087

lol "Ganjabaire"

post #21219 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

WWB (100 rounds) of 9mm or .40 cal used to be $10-12 bucks at Walmarts. Now they are in the $30'ish range. frown.gif

I honestly haven't had ammo since 9mm was around $12. Looks like I was right to horde. Of course, that also means I was part of the problem.
post #21220 of 24087
I was in a meeting wanted to express disagreement with a point that had been made I said "Maybe I am idiosyncratic..." I was interrupted by the other meeting participants straightaway they was like "Yup, you are!!!" Apparently I got some nonstandard ways to me.
post #21221 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post


I honestly haven't had ammo since 9mm was around $12. Looks like I was right to horde. Of course, that also means I was part of the problem.



If you were part of the problem, prices would be coming down.

post #21222 of 24087
Just moments ago on my drive home from the workplace I realized it is probably unusual to have the same middle name as your mother but that is the case with me got the same middle name.
post #21223 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Just moments ago on my drive home from the workplace I realized it is probably unusual to have the same middle name as your mother but that is the case with me got the same middle name.

post #21224 of 24087
I just graded a batch of quizzes for logic made me wonder if Mengtibbi didn't accidentally sell me hallucinogens instead of his usual counterfeit weeg because I can't believe the students could perform so badly in the really existing world of which we live in. All I needed them to do was memorize some basic definitions and logical forms. I guess I should have been tipped off when the students asked me if the definition section would be matching. (They were genuinely surprised when I told them that no the definition section was not matching.)
post #21225 of 24087
No lie, one of the hardest exams I ever had was entirely made up of true/false, matching and multiple choice sections. The professor got tired of students asked dumb-assed questions like, "can we have a mid term without essay questions?" So he started giving one, and he got vicious with the technicalities, gotcha phrasing, etc. He especially liked giving weird options in the multiple choice section, like "All of A and D, as well as part of F." And yes, he really had multiple choice questions with 7-8 answer choices.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get