or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1392

post #20866 of 24145
If a man like Chep Kelly can be relieved of duties (fired) then looks like no one is secure in their job can't believe it. I wonder if it's because he brought in Sam Bradford to play quarterback?
post #20867 of 24145
As of late I've heard a lot of people use the word "dirtel" to mean "dust." (I think the "el" is supposed to function as a diminutive.) But they still use the verb "to dust." Such as "I got to dust soon get the dirtel off my ennertaiment cenner."
post #20868 of 24145

I saw a guy get out of a lifted truck this morning with handicap plates. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're handicapped wouldn't you want something lower to the ground? Of course it was in the Wawa parking lot too. 

 

That's another thing I don't get. No matter how far North a Wawa is, the parking lot is full of pickup trucks and people with accents. 

post #20869 of 24145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

That's another thing I don't get. No matter how far North a Wawa is, the parking lot is full of pickup trucks and people with accents. 

Redheads exist in similar form across the country.
post #20870 of 24145
Fairly common in Florida, which sits right in that spot in the Venn diagram of places that rednecks live and places that handicapped people live.

The answer, btw, is that they don't seem to have any observable handicaps
post #20871 of 24145
"When Swift was about 12 years old, a computer repairman taught Swift how to play three chords on a guitar, inspiring her to write her first song, "Lucky You.""

Does anybody else find this odd? confused.gif
post #20872 of 24145
A little odd maybe...but at that point, hadn't she been in a bunch of musicals and been taking high end voice lessons for years?

And I think the "computer repair guy" was actually a semi-respected local musician who first met her in a musical setting, but maybe later ended up repairing the family's computer.
post #20873 of 24145
I'm glad I know you, otc.
post #20874 of 24145
Conversation:

Person: I got a new cat for Christmas his name is Simon and Crestor.
Me: Why does your cat have two names?
Person: That is the newest trend in cat naming one name for each of the two boons that a cat brings to their owner joy and happiness.
Me: Joy and happiness seem like close enough to the same thing to where you don't need two names.
Person: No they're different enough got to have two names.
Me: Okay.
post #20875 of 24145
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Conversation:

Person: I got a new cat for Christmas his name is Simon and Crestor.
Me: Why does your cat have two names?
Person: That is the newest trend in cat naming one name for each of the two boons that a cat brings to their owner joy and happiness.
Me: Joy and happiness seem like close enough to the same thing to where you don't need two names.
Person: No they're different enough got to have two names.
Me: Okay.

If he had named his cat Joy and Happiness you would have stifled your self evidently false objection and avoided all the uncomfortable tension you recklessly introduced into what should have been a joyous holiday encounter. Why do I think this? Because you are a clever and considerate man full of brainy reflection and whatnot.
post #20876 of 24145
Does your cat have two names? If not then you should take the plankton out of your own eye or whatever the saying is.
post #20877 of 24145
I started that trend! My two cats are Walker Texas Ranger and Dr Quinn Medicine Woman
post #20878 of 24145
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Does your cat have two names? If not then you should take the plankton out of your own eye or whatever the saying is.

One of our cats has three words to his name: Cameron ap Gorm. He is a "blue" (gray) cat and the last inch tip of his tail was broken in utero and healed crookedly. His name means roughly, "Crooked Blue Guy."
post #20879 of 24145
I wonder if there's a third boon beyond joy and happiness that Cameron ap Gorm brings? Probably, I would guess.
post #20880 of 24145
sounds like the cat version of Alonzo Harris from Training Day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get