or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1389

post #20821 of 24135
I had to do commencement just now in the line of faculty near me there was two people be like "I love doing commencement this is what it's all about student centered witness their accomplishment such a joy can't imagine why anyone would not want to partecelpate in such occasion!!!" And I'm like "Uhh, umm, yeah such a joy to be here no two ways about it."
post #20822 of 24135
Lately I have been buying Kellogg's Ancient Grains cereal comes in an old-fashioned looking box give the impression of wholesomeness and nutritive value. I understand that that is basically a bunch of bullshit but I buy it anyways.
post #20823 of 24135
Dat Ravens gold pants what in Sam Hell?

post #20824 of 24135
Looks like they stole em from the Steelers.
post #20825 of 24135

Those pants are uglier than the Maryland flag. Just kidding. Nothing is uglier than the Maryland flag. 

post #20826 of 24135
I think the gold pants might actually look good with their white jerseys. Not with the purple ones, though. (And certainly not with the black ones look too much like their rivals from Pittsburgh.)
post #20827 of 24135

I don't dress the latest gagging trends of space suit clothes you see for men in the NY Times fashion section.  I just get 7 per season be-spoke suits for the purpose of intimidation.  Look like you could take command if everyone fell in the floor and started sucking their thumbs, screw political correctness, but always be polite and a true gentleman, and never lose your temper even if you are having someone else's rear end (in private for lunch).  Stand up straight like you are on the parade grinder at Parris Island, head high, shoulders back, do your homework, don't let the meeting turn into a "session of herding cats",i.e. keep everyone focused.  And, be brief, be blunt and be gone.

post #20828 of 24135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick de Sylva View Post

I don't dress the latest gagging trends of space suit clothes you see for men in the NY Times fashion section.  I just get 7 per season be-spoke suits for the purpose of intimidation.  Look like you could take command if everyone fell in the floor and started sucking their thumbs, screw political correctness, but always be polite and a true gentleman, and never lose your temper even if you are having someone else's rear end (in private for lunch).  Stand up straight like you are on the parade grinder at Parris Island, head high, shoulders back, do your homework, don't let the meeting turn into a "session of herding cats",i.e. keep everyone focused.  And, be brief, be blunt and be gone.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #20829 of 24135

What is this 'onsite legend' designation?

post #20830 of 24135
I suspect it is based on thumb count somehow. Possibly includes thumbs given as well....can't quite figure out how it is weighted. Maybe there is a post-count or join-date component as well.
post #20831 of 24135
it's how organic and into horticulture you are
post #20832 of 24135
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

it's how organic and into horticulture you are

No wonder I scored so high. I only buy organic, small-batch artisan chocolate that comes in vintage paper and environmentally friendly labels.
Plus I've been growing my beard out.
post #20833 of 24135
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

No wonder I scored so high. I only buy organic, small-batch artisan chocolate that comes in vintage paper and environmentally friendly labels.
Plus I've been growing my beard out.

It's taken me all day to figure out what you're all talking about. But then again, I'm only a thought leader in this community.
post #20834 of 24135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpy View Post

It's taken me all day to figure out what you're all talking about. But then again, I'm only a thought leader in this community.

Far be it from me to tell a thought leader how to think, but maybe it would be more efficient if you didn't start trying to figure out what I mean until I actually make my post. I imagine the number of possible interpretations will seem dramatically narrowed.







WTF is with HBD? It's a causal friend's birthday. Her FB page has the usual string of perfunctory birthday felicitations. Some doofus wrote, "HBD". As in, it's important that I go on public record as having acknowledged your birthday, but you're really not worth the effort of typing out two whole words?
Edited by lawyerdad - 12/21/15 at 4:03pm
post #20835 of 24135
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Far be it from me to tell a thought leader how to think, but maybe it would be more efficient if you didn't start trying to figure out what I mean until I actually make my post. I imagine the number of possible interpretations will seem dramatically narrowed.

I can see how someone who's not a thought leader would think that way. But a thought leader needs to be a couple steps ahead even at the risk of the occasional intellectual deadend.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get