or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1378

post #20656 of 24107
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

Linc you work in a mental hospital don't you? what with all the weird convos you had and all that talk of "mente".


Worse, he sells life insurance.
post #20657 of 24107
At a mental hospital
post #20658 of 24107
Phish fans get upset when they find out that you don't like Phish. They always think it must be because you don't know music theory.
post #20659 of 24107
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Phish fans get upset when they find out that you don't like Phish. They always think it must be because you don't know music theory.

Here is one of my favorite jokes (ie one of the few jokes I can reliably remember). When I say "Grateful Dead" just replace that with "Phish" (as many are already inclined to do) and if by the end of the joke you have a feeling of mirth to you* then it might just become a favorite of yours and we will have had a "bonding" moment despite the impersonal vastness of cyberspace.

Question: What did the Grateful Dead Fan say to the other Grateful Dead fan when they ran out of dope?

Answer: "Hey, this band sucks!".

Well?




* Carefully examine this feeling and be honest with yourself. Is it the result of this joke or a general feeling you always have during the holidays.
post #20660 of 24107
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Phish fans get upset when they find out that you don't like Phish. They always think it must be because you don't know music theory.

This made me think of someone I know who is a lovely, smart person but is inexplicably a devoted Phish fan. And then I realized that that very person is our only mutual acquaintance IRL.
post #20661 of 24107
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post

Here is one of my favorite jokes (ie one of the few jokes I can reliably remember). When I say "Grateful Dead" just replace that with "Phish" (as many are already inclined to do) and if by the end of the joke you have a feeling of mirth to you* then it might just become a favorite of yours and we will have had a "bonding" moment despite the impersonal vastness of cyberspace.

Question: What did the Grateful Dead Fan say to the other Grateful Dead fan when they ran out of dope?

Answer: "Hey, this band sucks!".

Well?




* Carefully examine this feeling and be honest with yourself. Is it the result of this joke or a general feeling you always have during the holidays.
For this joke to work, do you have to be high when you tell it, or does the audience have to be high?






(both, amirite!)
post #20662 of 24107
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

This made me think of someone I know who is a lovely, smart person but is inexplicably a devoted Phish fan. And then I realized that that very person is our only mutual acquaintance IRL.

Yes. And she, like many Phish fans, is full of arguments to show how Phish are really profound and life-altering and important and whatnot.

I am a fan--unironically--of bands like KISS and L.A. Guns, but if other people are baffled by that, I don't have any arguments to make. I understand that it is a quirk of mine.
post #20663 of 24107
Hey, i love phish and dont do drugs. But then again I dont force phish unto others. I also dont hate others that dont care for them.
post #20664 of 24107

I'm not familiar with with Phish but rest assured anyone who holds it against someone else for not appreciating the Grateful Dead has sorely missed the message

post #20665 of 24107
I like the Ben and Jerrys phish ice cream.

I don't like those motherfuckers who try to trick you via email to give them your financial information, though
post #20666 of 24107
Phish sucks.
post #20667 of 24107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Phish sucks.


Sucker Phish

post #20668 of 24107
The radio station that my baby monitor picks up sounds like it plays nothing but Rammstein.
post #20669 of 24107

no kidding, i used to sing (?) Rammstein's version of Depeche Mode's "Stripped" to my infant son. it never failed to delight.

post #20670 of 24107
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

I'm not familiar with with Phish but rest assured anyone who holds it against someone else for not appreciating the Grateful Dead has sorely missed the message

Only know who they are, because they covered Loving Cup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get