or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 1342

post #20116 of 24087
I had the strangest dream where I was hanging out with Donald trump.

He first took us to an ice cream shop where I proceeded to get some strawberry banana dippin dots.

Then he took us to his cigar room where he said I had to try one of his Cubans.

The last stop was his fitting room where I got measured for a bespoke suit from a live in tailor from saville row.

Then I woke up. Fucking weird.
post #20117 of 24087
He knows how to treat his twinks right it would seem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I had the strangest dream where I was hanging out with Donald trump.

He first took us to an ice cream shop where I proceeded to get some strawberry banana dippin dots.

Then he took us to his cigar room where he said I had to try one of his Cubans.

The last stop was his fitting room where I got measured for a bespoke suit from a live in tailor from saville row.

Then I woke up. Fucking weird.
post #20118 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

He knows how to treat his twinks right it would seem.

Well if that was his intent, he already had me at dippin dots.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Btw why did you ninja edit your poast to add "it would seem" at the end?
post #20119 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Btw why did you ninja edit your poast to add "it would seem" at the end?

It felt more complete of an idea.


So, don't get. Happy hour on Friday someone shared with me they just bought a 2012 Ford Focus and financed the whole thing. This guy is mid-50s and makes in excess of 100k. He told me they really wanted a new Subaru Outback but it was just way, way too expensive for them....at 33k. I don't get the obvious state of his personal finances.
post #20120 of 24087
100k is not that much anymore. Maybe he has kids in college he's paying tuition for.
post #20121 of 24087
If you took out the personal info (guy, mid 50's, makes 100k) I would have thought you were talking about a girl that just graduated college.
post #20122 of 24087
In the hinterlands > 100k is still a pretty decent wage. I'm just astonished someone in their mid-50s has to finance a used car and finds a 33k new car unobtainable. I've known him for a decade and am positive he's pretty much lives paycheque to paycheque.
post #20123 of 24087
multiple kid tuition
shopaholic wife
drug or rare coin addiction
too big mortgaged house
gambling problem
sent $10K to a Nigerian prince for a piece of $100M
...latte effect?

Any or all of the above is my guess.
post #20124 of 24087
I understand the mechanisms involved I just don't get how a moderately intelligent person in his mid-50s hasn't figured out his earning years are coming to an end and he needs to get his finances squared away. He's told me before he "can't afford" IRAs/401ks and has no retirement funds saved.
post #20125 of 24087
What is a paycheque? I thought we agreed to leave French out of our English.
post #20126 of 24087
Probably the guy has been tithing too much hoping to get his name on his church's "placket of acknowledgement." I've seen it happen before.
post #20127 of 24087
Hopefully Piob's co-worker doesn't get into a bidding war with Valchek for dat prime stained glass real estate.
post #20128 of 24087
oh I forgot some common to 50s aged dudes (y mucho de StyFo):
foodie
clothes horse
shoe whore

tongue.gif
post #20129 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I understand the mechanisms involved I just don't get how a moderately intelligent person in his mid-50s hasn't figured out his earning years are coming to an end and he needs to get his finances squared away. He's told me before he "can't afford" IRAs/401ks and has no retirement funds saved.

I am at a loss of words.
post #20130 of 24087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I'm just astonished someone in their mid-50s has to finance a used car and finds a 33k new car unobtainable.
Quote:
Yeah, well, screw you.

-erictheobscure, ca. 2033
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get