or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 724

post #10846 of 15125
yeah, +1 on that
post #10847 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, that's not the pink starfish I thought you were referring to.
-1. I don't get it.
post #10848 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, that's not the pink starfish I thought you were referring to.
-1. I don't get it.

 

 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=starfish&defid=363702

post #10849 of 15125
Oh, but fwiw, I didn't bring up the starfish.
post #10850 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I'm sure this comment wasn't accidentally placed right underneath GF's poast

My comment was not related to anything anyone posted, especially GF's job search. I'm sure that is difficult for him, I didn't even notice what he said. Generally, I don't get how people can operate daily on a level that would seem to indicate they have absolutely no common sense, intuition and clearly no substantial education.
post #10851 of 15125
But you basically described GF! Ok, maybe inadvertently. And maybe not the education part
post #10852 of 15125
Okay what the hell is wrong with the word "people?" Why is everyone besay "folks" or "folk?" (Example sentence: "We are waiting for the folks in HR to make an decision.") I am not going to lie it sounds ridiculous to the ear.
post #10853 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I don't get it. confused.gif


I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, that's not the pink starfish I thought you were referring to.

Dirty mind
post #10854 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Okay what the hell is wrong with the word "people?" Why is everyone besay "folks" or "folk?" (Example sentence: "We are waiting for the folks in HR to make an decision.") I am not going to lie it sounds ridiculous to the ear.

Queer as folks is an interesting English saying.
post #10855 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Queer as folks is an interesting English saying.

It's also a terrible American TV show.
post #10856 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

It's also a terrible American TV show.

That was also a terrible show in England 13 years ago.
post #10857 of 15125
There's two doors inside this cafe by my house. One of the doors has a sign that says, "NOT the bathroom", the other "Bathroom". Do you know how many people I see open up the door that says, "NOT the bathroom"? It is alarming really. Do people think they are being tricked, or are they just plain stupid?
post #10858 of 15125
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

There's two doors inside this cafe by my house. One of the doors has a sign that says, "NOT the bathroom", the other "Bathroom". Do you know how many people I see open up the door that says, "NOT the bathroom"? It is alarming really. Do people think they are being tricked, or are they just plain stupid?

This...

What's the name of the spot?
post #10859 of 15125
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

There's two doors inside this cafe by my house. One of the doors has a sign that says, "NOT the bathroom", the other "Bathroom". Do you know how many people I see open up the door that says, "NOT the bathroom"? It is alarming really. Do people think they are being tricked, or are they just plain stupid?

Let me refer you to my previous comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

How many people are just complete, certifiable idiots. I don't get it.
post #10860 of 15125
Bathrooms are in homes, restrooms are in establishments. So a sign that it's not the bathroom doesn't rule it out as a restroom.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get