• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fancy deodorant

drake

Reaction score
What fancy deodorant do you guys use? I'm not interested in using drug store stuff anymore, want to move to something interesting.

Perhaps someone can recommend me a good specilty shop in San Francisco that carries mens care type of stuff (deodorants, shaving creames, etc...)

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I use Clinique. No need to go to a specalist. It's at most department stores.

drake

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the Clinique Happy Deodorant for men, but it doesn't look like they sell it anymore.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anthony logistics alcohol free deodorant
fragrance free

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there such thing as hypoallergenic deoderant or something along those lines? After years of using the typical speed stick deoderant or whatever, it's started to seriously irritate my skin and I need to find something else.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Is there such thing as hypoallergenic deoderant or something along those lines? After years of using the typical speed stick deoderant or whatever, it's started to seriously irritate my skin and I need to find something else.

I tried Sharps Happy Me and Anthony's Logistics. I "think" they are hypoallergenic but I am not sure. Both worked very well, unfortunately I ended up being allergic to both. I would suggest giving them a try, they are very nice. I got them from http://www.mensessentials.com (They have a nice forum also...)

Since I am allergic to those, I tried the crystal. It is not as good as the aforementioned but works well for now. The crystal is definitely hypoallergenic.

http://www.thecrystal.com/

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to think that i was allergic to deodorants and kept trying different brands because all of them gave me a rash. i later realized that any deodorant will give me a rash if i use too much of it. 3 quick swipes is all you need.

i've been using tom's of maine calendula for a while and it works well (the unscented version doesn't). i'm going to try the sharps soon.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I like Clinique's unscented one, but only with the old packaging. The way they sell it now, you have to wind the stick back down after each use in order for the cap to fit back on. I bought a lot of the old ones when they first introduced the new packaging - I don't know what I'll do once my stash runs out. Some deodorants have given me rashes in the past.

Tck13, remember that the word "hypoallergenic" on the label of a cosmetic product is meaningless.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andrew V.
I like Clinique's unscented one, but only with the old packaging. The way they sell it now, you have to wind the stick back down after each use in order for the cap to fit back on. I bought a lot of the old ones when they first introduced the new packaging - I don't know what I'll do once my stash runs out. Some deodorants have given me rashes in the past.

Tck13, remember that the word "hypoallergenic" on the label of a cosmetic product is meaningless.

Actually, you're right. I was responding to dah328's post thinking that some of the better deodorants are, well, better for one's skin because of the lack of fragrance and alcohol but now that you point that out, that isn't necessarily true. One could be allergic to any of the ingredients in any given product no matter what they are. I am aware that the label of hypoallergenic pretty much means whatever the company wants it to mean.

I guess my thinking was that some products actually are better for the skin because of the ingredients, but then again, who knows what someone else may be allergic to...

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiehls isn't bad stuff. The best I've found really.

I started to really stink in France; I was avoiding the shower (no joke). I found that Kiehls deodorant and their "musk" did wonders for my lapse of hygiene.

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
speed stick 24/7 with microabsorber technology is the best stuff i have used

i went to a speciality store and bought a couple and none of them worked very welll

this one, with shaved armpits works extremely well

Agreed. I don't shave my pits though.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mitchum unscented, there is no need for anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads