• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM failure, need some serious help!

quuz

Reaction score
I got this MTM suit for about 520 usd here in sweden. I need some serious help on judging this jacket (there were pants too but they were ok) The best thing would be if I could get the money back for the suit jacket (not necessarily the pants) or a new suit jacket for free. There were 3 choices in terms of fit Regular Slim Slim fit Slim fit being the most slim and regular being, well regular. So I got the suit 4 weeks later, tried it on, I could barely button it and if felt like the button threads would break, and this is when I chose the SLIM version being the middle on. What if I had chosen slim fit? It wouldnt even work to button up... So the first thing he did was to alter it as much as possible so it wasnt so tight. Also when we discussed jacket length he kept referring to a normal suit jacket ending about were the zipper of your pants ends. As Im pretty short I wanted a suit jacket just a tad shorter then "normal". Normal in my opinion when the suit jacket covers your butt. So I got it about 1-1.2 inches shorter then "normal" The model I picked was this one in the picture below being a regular and "normal" length, remember I asked for 1-1.2 inches shorter.
suits_sartoria.jpg
Things that Ive thought about. It seems like the jacket is cut in way to high on my upper body. The most tight point of the jacket is at chest hight, isn't it supposed to be lower? Like down were the ribs are? Also some strange wrinkles/creases appears. In my oppinion this isnt a tad shorter jacket and slim cut but a jacket that is 1 size to small.
wcVGnBfIV.jpg
UmhIfYmCb.jpg
JhWFfOZAq.jpg
The black line is were my butt ends, as I said I wanted it 1-1.2 inches shorter then normal, normal imo being were the black line is
lurqWLOMc.jpg
VcsoWMTzK.jpg
usYCjVvXq.jpg
fXAzruQUk.jpg
Also I think the jacket is to much cut in, as it being so short as it is, it ends just were my butt starts the part that is at the bottom of the jacket stands straight out, like some sort of womens suit jacket. The upper button is at the same place as my pectoralis ends.
piCKYOPgc.jpg
IyuWCKyLX.jpg
uQEiFIfBb.jpg
So this is all very frustrating to me as Im only 19 years old, have no job and been saving all my money to get this suit. I went for mtm because I have a pretty normal upper body but really really slim arms so i always have problem finding anything otr that fits good. This is the things I plan on doing, get some response from you guys. Let a professional tailor examine it and tell me if its cut/measured the wrong way. Get in contact with the The Swedish Consumer Agency to help me in this case. So what do you think? Imo he measuerd it wrong as many creases/wrinkles appear and it seems to be cut to high on my upper body and the buttons seems to be located to high up on my upper body. Was it his or my fault that the suit jacket supposed to be looking like this:
suits_sartoria.jpg
But in a sliglthy slimmer version and 1-1.2 inches shorter, didn't turn out that way? ---- UPDATE Well Im 100% sure about this information but I fell pretty sure anyways. The deal was a suit sewn in italia made from italian fabrics. Ive been in contact with the store owner for little more then 1 month now trying to get my money back. He refuses and says that he will get in trouble with his boss. I then asked him several times for his boss mail/number. His reply was: Iam the agent for sweden so everything goes trough me. Individual persons cant call my boss because hes not involved in this case, it gets all messed up as he works from italy. I continuied to asking and demanding the number/mail for his boss, something that seems impossible. Then I did some searching around, I did a whois search to see whos the owner of their webpage. http://www.pari.se/ No results showed up. I then searched for the company name Pari, same thing there nothing. After some thinking I searched his telephonenumber the one he gave me and something interesting turned up, a company name: Vincere & Co AB I also looked at some financial ratio numbers. The ones I could find were untill year 2007 and it didn't look to good, as I studied economics for threee years I know a thing or two. Years result (not sure of the English word for it) -$34500 Profit margin -55.7 Also I found only three names that were involved in this company his name as vice director, name of his accountant and one name of a person being in the committee. All of them were Swedish names and these people live in Sweden I couldn't find no Italian name. Nor an Italian mother/daughter company. http://www.ratsit.se/5563357234 I just searched some more for the company and found this: http://www.121.nu/onetoone/foretag/vincere-o-co-ab IMPORT / EXPORT Import for the amount 1 - 31 840 U.S. dollars from: Far East Well well, made in Italy ******. First he lies about his boss then he lies about where the suits are sewn, I bet the consumer agency wont take lightly on this. I also noticed that the same person owned another company named: DENE FABRIC AB http://www.ratsit.se/5566299987 And the description for this company was clothes, accessories. I then searched for both their organisation numbers and found the same results for export/import as above. IMPORT / EXPORT Import for the amount 1 - 31 840 U.S. dollars from: Far East http://www.121.nu/onetoone/foretag/vincere-o-co-ab http://www.121.nu/onetoone/foretag/nm-inter-ab I even bought the latest annual report I could find, it was from 2007, and according to The swedish companies registration office the annual reports needs to be signed by the committee and the vice director. In this case that Italian boss who's mail/number he wont give me. In this case it is signed by the same person I've been speaking to all this time. I uploaded the annual report here, its in Swedish. http://rapidshare.de/files/47776084/...7_12m.pdf.html I'm no expert in this subject, i only studied economics for 3 years at college, but this seems very very fishy to me. My guess is there is no Italian boss, this guys owns it all, DENE FABRIC AB is the company he uses to get ahold of his fabrics for the suits and Vincere & Co AB is the same as the stores name pari. As for now, he gave me a suit that dosent fit, he lied to me about were the suit was being sewn together, he lied to me about having a boss. I'm not saying this is the truth but this is only what I believe.

NotchLapel

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread. You should really get your money back because that is too much fabric to cover. I can understand a few centimeters but that's about an inch or two. Return it.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is not how MTM works. The jacket was cut to the measurement given to the maker which should have been taken by measuring the length of a jacket while it is on your body. That is the length. The rest of the jacket is in proportion to the length. Problem is you cannot take a somewhat conventional cut jacket and turn it into something hip by tinkering with the measurements. I don't know who to blame for the length, but it is what it is.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Total and utter disaster. It looks like you're wearing a child's jacket. I would criticize it point-by-point, but it's far more time-efficient just to say there's absolutely nothing right about it.

quuz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotchLapel
Like I said in the other thread. You should really get your money back because that is too much fabric to cover. I can understand a few centimeters but that's about an inch or two. Return it.
Main problem being he wont return it because then it would get in trouble with his boss, hes just an agent for the company. Imo that is bs because he would get in more trouble if the The Swedish Consumer Agency got in contact with him. And to have a warning from them is pretty much the worst thing for your business here. Or he could skip all that and give me back my 500 dollars, because I firmly believe that the whole company wouldn't go bankrupt by doing so.
Originally Posted by Despos
This is not how MTM works. The jacket was cut to the measurement given to the maker which should have been taken by measuring the length of a jacket while it is on your body. That is the length. The rest of the jacket is in proportion to the length. Problem is you cannot take a somewhat conventional cut jacket and turn it into something hip by tinkering with the measurements. I don't know who to blame for the length, but it is what it is.
Yea im aware of that but making the jacket 1-1.2 inches shorter wouldnt affect that to much imo, at least not how much shorter it acually ended up.
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Total and utter disaster. It looks like you're wearing a child's jacket. I would criticize it point-by-point, but it's far more time-efficient just to say there's absolutely nothing right about it.
This much I know my self, I need things to tell him and to make sure it wasnt my fault the suit jacket ended up like it did. And even if I wouldn't have told him to make it a tad shorter the proportions would probably still have looked fucked up, like where its cut in on the upper body and where the buttons are located.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quuz
Yea im aware of that but making the jacket 1-1.2 inches shorter wouldnt affect that to much imo, at least not how much shorter it acually ended up.

Question is, 1-1.2 inches shorter than what?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you want us to say? It's clearly unacceptable. If all you told him to do differently from normal was an inch or so shorter than usual, that's not sufficient explanation for the mess you've ended up with. If you specified more changes than that, well, then it's partly your fault. But even then, there's just SO much wrong with that jacket that I think it's refund-worthy by any measure.

Whether you GET a refund is another matter... good luck!

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
it looks like your sleeves go 2 inches past the back of your jacket. in the stock picture, they're clearly a few inches shorter. it's quite obvious that 1-1.2" shorter should NOT have ended up looking how it does. looks like it was cut 4" shorter or something

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
Did either of you ever mention the actual length you wanted rather than just referring to these vague ideas of "normal" or in reference to the model?

quuz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
What do you want us to say? It's clearly unacceptable. If all you told him to do differently from normal was an inch or so shorter than usual, that's not sufficient explanation for the mess you've ended up with. If you specified more changes than that, well, then it's partly your fault. But even then, there's just SO much wrong with that jacket that I think it's refund-worthy by any measure.

Whether you GET a refund is another matter... good luck!

I mainly wanted to know what pats are wrng, eg the buttons being located to high up and such. But yes I will speak to him, if he refuses Ill just have to contact The Swedish Consumer Agency and an indipendent tailor or something to help them judge this mess.

Alltough I dont see why I should have to do all this, why wont the man just return at least half of of the sum, its 250 dollars were speaking of, to me its much money as I just graduated.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What company is this? Some of these MTM salesmen strike me as such dirtbags.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
those pics sure bring the lolz

dude you're screwed you should give that jacket to a baby

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell it to mafoo -- he can get it taken in/up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads